lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
walt-rate
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 gas ezgo takes 20-30 seconds to get WOT

Dave: if I'm reading the wiring diagram right for the GM IGNITION RETRO "HEI".. "FROM THE STICKY" THE BLK WIRE COMING FROM THE VOLT REG. TO THE HEI GOES TO THE C TERM AS WELL AS THE WIRE COMING FROM THE - SIDE OF THE COIL??? RIGHT?? I HAVEN'T FIRED THE MOTOR YET WITH THE NEW HEI IN IT, UNTIL I KNOW I HAVE IT WIRED UP RIGHT...
walt-rate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #12
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't mean to but in but if you look at it as your replacing the old coil with the new one, the old ignitor is replaced by the hei module and the other two connections go to the pulsar that is located behind the fly wheel. just wire it like you take the old ones out. the wire colors may differ but the physical location for connections is the same. Make sense? Hope it helps,,You'll be pleased with the conversion,,bullit roof !!
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #13
walt-rate
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lane66 View Post
Don't mean to but in but if you look at it as your replacing the old coil with the new one, the old ignitor is replaced by the hei module and the other two connections go to the pulsar that is located behind the fly wheel. just wire it like you take the old ones out. the wire colors may differ but the physical location for connections is the same. Make sense? Hope it helps,,You'll be pleased with the conversion,,bullit roof !!
1LANE66: THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, I DID WIRE THE NEW HEI LIKE THE OLD IGNITOR, BUT THE OLD IGNITOR HAS 5 WIRES/CONNECTIONS AND THE HEI HAS ONLY 4 CONNECTIONS, SO THE BLK WIRE HAS TO BE ADDED TO ONE OF THE 4 CONNECTIONS I'M JUST ASKING IF IT'S THE "C" OR "B" THE DRAWING IS NOT TO CLEAR..
Old 12-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
jeffrun
Gone Wild

The black wire from the regulator is for grounding the metal plate on the HEI. It should connect to one of the two HEI mounting bolts. The black wire does not connect to terminal "C" on HEI. Terminal C on HEI connects to (-) on the coil only. The diagram is not real clear on the grounding.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #15
walt-rate
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have it connected to the c term right now i'll fix it in the morning....
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Ooops sorry I missed this part of the thread. Anyway this is just another demonstration of the power of this forum, so many smart, polite users. It only remains for me to say that I agree with the stuff above. Don't forget to let us know the outcome Walt.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #17
racin161
Gone Wild

Dave & Walt I know this has been covered before but I'm sorry Walt about the improper installation of the piston. This also proves to other buggie owners though that in fact the engine WILL run when the piston is installed backwards so for other cart owners BEWARE when installing your new top end. PORT GOES ON INTAKE SIDE GREAT to see that you caught it Walt. HOW about the HEI install done yet ?
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #18
walt-rate
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

WELL THANKS TO ALL ON THIS FORUM, MY CART WORKS GREAT!!!! I DID THE HEI INSTALL "SPARKS EVERY TIME, NICE AND STRONG" I WAS ABLE TO GET ALL MY PARTS OFF E-BAY FOR ABOUT $32.00 W/SHIPPING, AND WHAT DIFF WITH THE PISTON IN THE RIGHT WAY....
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #19
racin161
Gone Wild

Another FINE REBUILD STORY for all new cart owners to review. Enjoy your cart
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO