lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Good deal? I'm new to this help please

I live near Indianapolis.....not too far from you. Here is an ad from craigslist. Not saying the one your looking at is a bad deal, but there are usually several over near Indy around this price range. Don't get me wrong there's always a few people that are REALLY proud of their carts
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #22
xander
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
I have a question. Is this a 36 volt, 2002 Club Car with V-glide and resistors? If so, why did he put the three 12 volts in there to begin with? Also your stereo and lights are probably hooked to one of those batteries and that is going to exagerate the limited run time even more.
I'm really not sure on those details. I don't know anything about these things but I always really look into my purchases and get what info I can. That's why I'm here. I've talked him down from 2200 to 1800. I feel that if I was to ask him to come down more it may be a slap to the face as in sure he could have just not listed the 12v and sold it anyway.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
xander
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinman View Post
I live near Indianapolis.....not too far from you. Here is an ad from craigslist. Not saying the one your looking at is a bad deal, but there are usually several over near Indy around this price range. Don't get me wrong there's always a few people that are REALLY proud of their carts
Hello neighbor! I actually live right across the river from lawrenceburg Indiana in Kentucky. My campsite is upriver on the Ohio side.

Thanks for posting that cart. It looks exactly like the one I am looking at but without lift kit and wheels and maybe stereo. So it seems like even if I buy a bone stock cart with great batteries I'm still looking at another $1k to get it where I want it. I just don't want to buy it if having the wrong batteries will ruin the cart.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #24
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

I really dont think they will even hurt the cart, much less ruin it.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #25
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
I have a question. Is this a 36 volt, 2002 Club Car with V-glide and resistors? If so, why did he put the three 12 volts in there to begin with? Also your stereo and lights are probably hooked to one of those batteries and that is going to exagerate the limited run time even more.
dawg, thats what bothers me throwing 12 volt deep cycles in it for i would say a quick sale and to maximize the cash hes making......its a red flag for me and i would walk away, for 1800 you can find a mid 2000,s 48 volt cart and drop the cash in that.......this is a resistor cart and you know what happens to those resistor coils sometimes when its lifted bigger tires and 2 gage cables.......thats a melt down waiting to happen.......i don,t know maybe i,m just paranoid..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
electric_ride
Getting Wild

Yamaha

There is no way he is getting 10 miles on that battery pack. I also have a Yamaha G9. It has everything new in it. It was U of L's public safety car. It is not lifted and needs new batteries for $900 or obo. If you are not in a big hurry to get a golf cart. ( A week or so) I could lift my G9 and install new batteries. Both would be extra.
electric_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
xander
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
dawg, thats what bothers me throwing 12 volt deep cycles in it for i would say a quick sale and to maximize the cash hes making......its a red flag for me and i would walk away, for 1800 you can find a mid 2000,s 48 volt cart and drop the cash in that.......this is a resistor cart and you know what happens to those resistor coils sometimes when its lifted bigger tires and 2 gage cables.......thats a melt down waiting to happen.......i don,t know maybe i,m just paranoid..........................................
Melt down due to these batteries? Besides the batterie it appears to be in good shape. If batteries are 800 that puts me out 2600. Do you Think it's worth 2600 w new batteries, tires wheels and lift kit? Also overhead radio is installed in it now
Old 03-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #28
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
Now you're making me worry about mine ....I have all the above, but no 2 Ga cables.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Edit

Last edited by Brushpup; 03-07-2012 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Duplicate
Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #30
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Xander,

The cart will not meltdown due to the batteries. He is referencing the bigger tires and the technology of the 36v cart. It may be more likely to have problems being a resistor cart. Many of them out there and I am sure you will hear both good an bad stories about them. We all have an opinion.

I bought my 2004 Precedent 48v that you see in the pic bone stock in June of 2011 with 2008 batteries for $1600. I wanted to do my own work and know what I have so that's the route I took. I personally prefer a 48v cart over a 36v......again just my preference.

Good Luck!
Rinman
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car