lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Chrisspy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default testing electric club car controller

I recently sold a controller from my club car that I upgraded. It was a 2000.5 48volt DS. The cart worked perfectly when I removed both the motor and controller. The guy who bought my motor sid it slips on the spline bad, which it didnt do for me, and now the guy who bought my my controller says that doesnt work either, something about the voltages being off on the throttle response. Like I said both ofthese items worked great when I removed them. Can they both be installing them wrong and if I get the cntroller back is there a way that I can test it to see if it working fine?
Thanks Chris
Chrisspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: testing electric club car controller

You'd have to install the controller on a cart to see if it's working. But as for the motor slipping on the spline I'd laugh in his face. I've never seen, nor heard of this EVER happening and I've been doing it for over a decade.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Chrisspy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

not only did he say it was slipping, he also said that the motor he was replacing did the same thing, I told him that there was something else wrong but he was sure I was screwing him! LOL. On the controller.... so the only way to really test it is too install it? I thought the guy said he tested on the bench? He sent a bunch of testing voltages, is there a way I could email you his findings? I dont think he knows what hes doing, I sold him the controller for 150 bucks, I thought that was a fair price.
Chrisspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

There are ways to bench test a controller, but from what I have read it is quicker and easier to install the controller into cart to test it unless you are in the business of bench testing them and have the bench testing equipment "stuff" setup and ready to go all the time . . . I don't believe the average person would go thru the trouble of building the bench testing setup . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sure you can email me any information you'd like and I'll try and help you with it. TahoeDawgZ71@aol.com
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car