lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Safeman
Not Yet Wild

Default Help! 96 EH92C Robin Cam shaft seized

Ok my 96 EZ Go Gas died.
It might of run out of oil but I am not certain.
The timing belt broke. I bought a new one but cant figure out how to remove the pulley bolt, when I put a ratchet on it the pulley just turns. I have read how to make a puller to remove it so I can reinstall the new timing belt, but need to remove the bolt to do it.

How do I hold the pulley so I can remove the bolt to get the timing belt cover off.

Next my concern was that maybe I damaged the valves, but I pulled the valve cover and I can push down on all the valves with my hands.

So I hope I can think that the valves did not hit the piston tops.

I pulled the plugs and when I crank the pistons go up and down and have some pressure, so I dont think it ran out of oil.

But I cannot turn the cam shaft it is very tight and dont think it will turn once a new belt is on as if I cant turn it by hand or with a ratchet the belt will just break or strip again.

So what do you think it is? Is there a bearing on the cam shaft that could be seized? Should you be able to move it by hand? If so how do I remove this bearing and replace it.
I did not pull anything off of the other side of the motor. Just the timing belt cover to see down inside it and pull out the broken belt.

Thanks for the help!
Safeman
Safeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
kungfului916
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help! 96 EH92C Robin Cam shaft seized

Well, there is no bearing on the cam shaft. Everything in the head is slotted to fit it. It probably seized because you ran out of oil. Some will say that this will destroy your cam and your head...well that depends on how bad things were damaged when they seized. Obviously, timing is an issue, but the bigger issue is your seized cam. The first place to start would be loosening all the valves and tapping the cam back out of the head to inspect it for damage. If you need help with this refer to the manual. The bolt that holds the timing gear should be that hard to break free...just be careful. You don't want to mess up that cam shaft. Once you inspect the damage check the holes to see if there are any groves worn in. If not, my guess is, you might be alright. The next thing you need to do is figure out why there is no oil. Disengage the spark plugs and let you engine run off the battery only to see if oil is pumping into your head. My guess is, it will not. Next you will need to pull off the crank case cover and inspect all the passages for anything that may have gummed up. If you can figure out where its clogged and clear that up...you should be back in business. I would take some emry paper and (VERY LIGHTLY) clean up the cam and the holes, change the cam gasket, lube it...put it back in and then worry about your timing. Please check to make sure your oil is pumping into your head before putting the cam back in. If you need anything else...just reply.
kungfului916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Well if the pulley is turning the cam should be also as they are connected. If the pulley is turning and not the cam then you also busted the little centering pin between the two.
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Loose or broken connecting rods.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO