lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
ff92
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Clutch work?

14 lbs. @ 2.5", that's awesome! I'm going to pull out my original clutch and follow your pictorial procedure for improving while rebuilding the stock clutch, so take lots of pictures and talk slowly
ff92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
ff92
Not Yet Wild

I checked out some of the products from your link. 80 gram weights in a 9 hp golf cart? I feel like a spaz running 75g in my 140 hp M8. Didn't EPI cater to Polaris mostly? No wonder my chums Storm would waste me, probably ran huge weight heel, shift and tip.
ff92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
DonoBBD
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
A quick question, does your drive start to close at very low rpm?
My Yamaha starts to close at starting rpm and the belt clearance
seems engineered in to allow the engine to fire before loading it.
I was running an 2008 F5 red primary spring with 1.5 coils cut off in my stock 1988 ezgo gas 2stroke with stock weights. She would spin the tires on gravel with two riders when you just pin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff92 View Post
I checked out some of the products from your link. 80 gram weights in a 9 hp golf cart? I feel like a spaz running 75g in my 140 hp M8. Didn't EPI cater to Polaris mostly? No wonder my chums Storm would waste me, probably ran huge weight heel, shift and tip.
I will drop the stock weights on the scales here. I will take a bunch of pictures for ya. I got a few parts yesterday but it looks like a trip to the shop to do some pin cutting and make my own bushings. I think I will clean up the surfaces the bearings slide on first then make up some brass bushings.

The spider rollers I got the rebuilt rollers from a 440 race sled. Same size but the inner diameter. I will now make pins that have a small end and large end. Then put them in from the rotation side. Cut the cat buttons down to fit the little spider or cut the spider out for large buttons. I like the larger button better.

The weights are tucked heavy zero roller to weight clearance. This I bet is why there is a large roller to weight clearance. There was no wear on the back of the movable sheave and front of the spider where they should be hitting at rest. Lots of wear on the inner heal of the weight and seat.

Cheers Don.
DonoBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
birddog5
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

any ideas on compressions for the secondary spring?
birddog5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider shim?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO