lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
AndyMcG
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring radio help please

New EZ Go gas owner and new to the site. Going to mount a radio head unit in the ball holder. Found these wires behind dash I think I can use the turn signal? red and black wires for power and ground with a toggle switch on the secondary power wire on radio.
Anyone see a problem with this?

Also was wondering what the other wires are? I am guessing from looking at the diagrams on this site that the 2 yellow and black eyelet wires are for a brake switch but what are the other 2 white and red spade connectors are for?
Thanks for any help

Guess I am too new to post a pic. Its the wires behind ign switch I am referring to.

Last edited by AndyMcG; 02-19-2013 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: forgot picture
AndyMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
AndyMcG
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring radio help please

Well I went ahead and used the red and black wires in the turn signal harness. I also installed a toggle switch for the ign. sensor wire for the radio to turn it off and on. I trimmed the ball holder and slid the radio in. It fits pretty good but actually hits the front cowl before seating in tight. Hangs out just enough to be able to see a little of the slide sleeve. I was going to use a marine cover but it just looks too big and I didnt want to put more holes in the dash.

Anyone else have a problem with the radio not fitting flush?
AndyMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Wiring radio help please

I would add the marine cover to the radio, that would help with the depth issue. Either that or you can get some ABS Plastic and make a ring to space it out. Hope that helps.

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO