lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Extra Wiring? G1

Thought I took enough pics but obviously not. Heres my two questions:
1. Two wires off the pos batt terminal- one goes to F2 on the starter gen and the smaller guage goes where?
2. Out of the wire harness near the battery I have a red wire stub and a foot away a black wire stub. According to the pics I took the red goes to the pos terminal and the black to neg using jumper wires that seemed hand made. Normal? Thanks out front guys!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Extra Wiring? G1

This might jug your memory, as I ran a terminal block and moved wires so my pics are like yours (lacking). The smaller gauge POS wire probably was the fused power going into the wiring harness. The NEG might be the one that goes up to the forward/reverse posts
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

I get what your saying but that seems so primitive for our Japanese bros across the sea! I would have thought the pos feed for the harness would have come from the top of the passenger wheel well and I think it does since there seems to be a couple of fused hot leads there. If only I hadn't slept thru auto wiring 101 SOMEBODY HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

after looking at it again, the NEG that comes out of the harness behind the battery is the ground to frame under fender skirt bolt
Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Here's a pic of my fender and wiring, 012.jpg

The only fuses are the POS side and the NEG side they are behind the battery handle
Old 02-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Ureka!! Mwr your a genius, thats one of them suckers down. Now Im wondering if the extra positive off the terminal goes to the red sticking out of the harness? If that were true I,m done.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

that's the fused POS feed to the ign. switch and the pedal. Mine was on the post but I moved it to the terminal block and ran a new power lead forward. I would check the splice were that RD/RW are under the floor,
Old 02-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by abieex View Post
Ureka!! Mwr your a genius, thats one of them suckers down. Now Im wondering if the extra positive off the terminal goes to the red sticking out of the harness? If that were true I,m done.
Yep, main 12 volt positive lead into the wire harness.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #9
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

I guess I could do like Mwr410 and run that to a fuse block with a seperate ground off the block then feed that ignition line from there.
How large of a fuse to the main ignition? Can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your help. Thank you very much!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #10
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I believe both the feed and ground are 10 amp. If your electrical is clean and tight, they should be plenty.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha