lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
EnviroAudio
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Precedent Stereo

Hello,

Looking for feedback on a new stereo system design I am coming out with custom made for Club car precedent. Uses a digital 5CH (4 x 70w & 1 x 300w RMS) amp with built in electronic crossovers specifically designed to run on 48v so no voltage converter is required. Radio plugs into amp using an ethernet type plug that sends signal to and gets power from amp. Custom made dash with iPod holder, radio and component speakers built in and an 8" sub in custom made enclosure that mounts in the space between the front and back seat. Plug and play wiring harness that connects everything for quick and easy setup. Pictures are of prototype, any comments?
EnviroAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Stereo

It looks nice but when is someone going to make a radio install that preserves most of the storage space. I would like a dash mount with space since I still use my Precedent mostly for golf and I need the space.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
EnviroAudio
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yeah I understand that, it is a legitimate hit against it. There are some custom jobs that do a good job of it but trying to come up with a design that can be bought off the shelf if you will and easily installed is a big challenge with the design of the golf cart itself.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
bajarebel1
Gone Wild
Club Car

thats pretty cool, what brand is the amp and headunit, and sub? is this something you are going to market and sell?
bajarebel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #5
EnviroAudio
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks, it is my own brand, I am the manufacturer. I am going to market and sell. I designed it from the ground up specifically for the precedent. Since I already had sources to make speakers and amps, I had them designed to fit the unique limitations of the golf cart.

It is in the final stages of development, this is a prototype. I just wanted to post to get feedback from anyone who wanted to give it and some people like to see new ideas.

I am an audiophile and have done audio manufacturing for years, and also a golf cart enthusiast. My goal was to come out with something that looked factory and performed at a very high level that was easy to install.

Thanks for your interest, I know selling non name brand systems can be difficult, but my plan is to offer a strong warranty and provide people with the opportunity to hear it so it can sell itself on its own merit.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #6
bajarebel1
Gone Wild
Club Car

when do you think it will be ready for the public? Will you sell componets separetly? I have been doing custom car and boat audio for about 25 years as a hobby and am very intrigued. I am currently looking for h.u., amp and sub for my precedent build and would be interested in those 3 componets if you would be willing to sell without dash and front speakers.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #7
EnviroAudio
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

On the sub and enclosure I am packaging and selling it separately if someone just wants the dash and not a sub with it. The amp has the 5th channel either way so if they decide to add it later its an easy thing to do.

So for your question, I can definitely sell the sub separate as it will already be packaged that way. It is in a sealed enclosure and I don't know if you are familiar with how in-ceiling speakers for your house mount, but it works the same way. You cut the hole, put the unit in and there are tabs that suck up locking it into place as you tighten them. It can be mounted anywhere you can fit it but my recommended place is in the spot between the front and rear seat firing up.

For the amp and head unit, it isn't something I thought of before (selling it individually) but I'm glad you brought it up, it may be a popular item for custom installs for the way that the power supply for the amp accepts a 48v input and supplies the radio with 12v and sends signal all through a RJ45 connector. I'll attach a picture so you can see how it connects together - note in the picture, the little knobs won't be there, they were manually put in so I could adjust the crossovers in the prototype.

Not trying to hype the amp up but from one guy who has been doing boat and car audio for a long time as well, I haven't seen anything like this amp. It is new class D technology that puts out amazing power for a very small size that doesn't even get hot to the touch. Back just a few years ago I used to have to put fans on these huge amps (I used to use kicker a lot) in my boat that put out similar power as these because they put off so much heat they would go into thermal protection after about 30 minutes. The advancements they have made in efficiency lately opens up all kinds of possibilities for amps with some real power to be put in very small spaces. Anyway, I'm rambling now, but I'll check with my factory and see if I can get some extras added on to my order that are separate and let you know.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #8
bajarebel1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnviroAudio View Post
On the sub and enclosure I am packaging and selling it separately if someone just wants the dash and not a sub with it. The amp has the 5th channel either way so if they decide to add it later its an easy thing to do.

So for your question, I can definitely sell the sub separate as it will already be packaged that way. It is in a sealed enclosure and I don't know if you are familiar with how in-ceiling speakers for your house mount, but it works the same way. You cut the hole, put the unit in and there are tabs that suck up locking it into place as you tighten them. It can be mounted anywhere you can fit it but my recommended place is in the spot between the front and rear seat firing up.

For the amp and head unit, it isn't something I thought of before (selling it individually) but I'm glad you brought it up, it may be a popular item for custom installs for the way that the power supply for the amp accepts a 48v input and supplies the radio with 12v and sends signal all through a RJ45 connector. I'll attach a picture so you can see how it connects together - note in the picture, the little knobs won't be there, they were manually put in so I could adjust the crossovers in the prototype.

Not trying to hype the amp up but from one guy who has been doing boat and car audio for a long time as well, I haven't seen anything like this amp. It is new class D technology that puts out amazing power for a very small size that doesn't even get hot to the touch. Back just a few years ago I used to have to put fans on these huge amps (I used to use kicker a lot) in my boat that put out similar power as these because they put off so much heat they would go into thermal protection after about 30 minutes. The advancements they have made in efficiency lately opens up all kinds of possibilities for amps with some real power to be put in very small spaces. Anyway, I'm rambling now, but I'll check with my factory and see if I can get some extras added on to my order that are separate and let you know.
What are the specs on the sub? material of cone, magnet size, power rating, and x max?
also what about amp? power rating and ohm load capability? Dimensions?

looking forward to hearing from you on availability
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #9
EnviroAudio
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I was thinking through that idea and just thought of a potential issue, the amp has hard-coded electronic crossovers designed for those specific mids and tweeters. So unfortunately those speakers are the only ones that the amp will work for - one channel goes straight to a tweeter and the other to a mid. Normally you would have one channel from the amp going into a crossover that then splits the signal to the mid and tweet. I think that would make it no longer work for your application.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #10
raw622
Not Yet Wild

i would be very interested in the just the dash
raw622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car