lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
jfdubois
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 CC Precedent Lighting

I have a 2009 Club Car Precedent. I purchased the deluxe light kit and bucket harness. Today I installed the bucket harness, tail lights, head lights w/turn signals, turn signal switch, power switch and horn all wired to a 48v to 12v reducer/converter. The wiring was simple and all but the converter was plug and play. But, the head lights don't work. Everything else works as it should. Tail lights, break lights, turn signals both front and back and 4 way flashers front and back. It's just the headlights and they plug in to the same connector and the front turn signals. I have not put a meter on the bulbs yet, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this problem and what their solution was.
jfdubois is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 CC Precedent Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdubois View Post
I have a 2009 Club Car Precedent. I purchased the deluxe light kit and bucket harness. Today I installed the bucket harness, tail lights, head lights w/turn signals, turn signal switch, power switch and horn all wired to a 48v to 12v reducer/converter. The wiring was simple and all but the converter was plug and play. But, the head lights don't work. Everything else works as it should. Tail lights, break lights, turn signals both front and back and 4 way flashers front and back. It's just the headlights and they plug in to the same connector and the front turn signals. I have not put a meter on the bulbs yet, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had this problem and what their solution was.
Just to rule out any mistakes, check for blown bulbs. I accidently put 48 volts on my headlights when I was hooking them up as well. I thought I did it correct, but not so much...
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Like Steve says, check the bulbs, check the connectors, check the wires to the bulbs for power. Sounds strange to me. It's gotta be something simple.
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
jfdubois
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I find.

Well, I took the bulbs out of the headlights. They are both bad. (not blown) I have 12v at each one. Took a good look at the bulbs and the filaments along with the wires that hold the filaments were broken. No discoloration as there would have been if they were blown. All the little parts looked like new, just in little pieces. So now I'll find out where I can get some and will be in good shape.

Last edited by jfdubois; 03-13-2013 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Found the problem
Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
jfdubois
Not Yet Wild

I found a set of bulbs at Walmart. Sylvania 836, 12V 38W but not at a right angle. A small modification to the bumper and all works good.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
I found a set of bulbs at Walmart. Sylvania 836, 12V 38W but not at a right angle. A small modification to the bumper and all works good.
For future reference, go buy some 886 bulbs. They fit perfectly and they're 50w so they'll light it up a bit better than the stock bulbs.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlights, lights, lights wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car