lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
xxTheReapxx
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring Issue - 1993 Electic Club Car

Alright, I bought a 93 Club Car about 4 months ago. When I got it it was running great but of course I wanted to change from 36V to 48V and obviously did not know exactly what I was doing (I didnt know you needed to replace more that just the solenoid). Knowing that I went back to 36V (6 batteries, just like I bought it). I was told since I didnt have a 48V solenoid that it may have fried the 36V solenoid, so I bought a new 36V solenoid. I wired everything back up and now my cart does NOTHING at all. I'm new to this so could someone please help me!! Thanks a lot.
xxTheReapxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wiring Issue - 1993 Electic Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTheReapxx View Post
Alright, I bought a 93 Club Car about 4 months ago. When I got it it was running great but of course I wanted to change from 36V to 48V and obviously did not know exactly what I was doing (I didnt know you needed to replace more that just the solenoid). Knowing that I went back to 36V (6 batteries, just like I bought it). I was told since I didnt have a 48V solenoid that it may have fried the 36V solenoid, so I bought a new 36V solenoid. I wired everything back up and now my cart does NOTHING at all. I'm new to this so could someone please help me!! Thanks a lot.
I am assuming you have a resistor coil cart? If you could give the serial number (tag under dash) that would help some. You may have fried the v-glide too...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
xxTheReapxx
Not Yet Wild

the only thing that i see going to the solenoid is the yellow cord going to the motor, red going to the front switches, (smaller) red and green wires running to what looks like a speaker amp (i'm so sorry i'm not familiar with the parts). I don't see any resistor coil. Hope that helps.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
xxTheReapxx
Not Yet Wild

serial number is: A9334344752
Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxTheReapxx View Post
the only thing that i see going to the solenoid is the yellow cord going to the motor, red going to the front switches, (smaller) red and green wires running to what looks like a speaker amp (i'm so sorry i'm not familiar with the parts). I don't see any resistor coil. Hope that helps.

see anything that looks like this? . . . this is what the resistor coils look like . . .

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car