lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1998 Gas Ezgo Engine Won't Fully Rotate

if I remember right it doesnt matter that one has the manifold. I think the muffler should just bolt right up
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #12
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

It looks like the muffler should bolt up but with the manifold in place the muffler sits further back. The newer head doesn't stick that far out.

Is there an adapter of some sort that would go inline to take up the difference?

I can't believe I am the only one that has seen this problem.

Bryan
oldsfan442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #13
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

Ok finally I found some information. Basically the new motor is an MCI Robins engine. From what I have read there is a "Field Kit" needed to install an MCI motor into a cart that has pre-MCI motor. A couple of adapters are needed including a spacer for the muffler.
But the only problem I am having now is I can not find anything about this Field Kit.

Does anyone know where I can find this kit?

Bryan
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

Its funny how I am the only one replying to my thread, but here is an awesome 2 part post.

First - I found the Engine retrofit kit. From EZGO the part number is #610654. In order to install the new MCI Robins engine into a cart prior to 2003, this is the kit you will need.

Second - Since the owner of this cart did want to order more stuff for this new engine, he decided to do a rebuild which gave me the opportunity to tear into the motor. I found the problem on the motor not going past top dead center. Care to guess what it is? I have attached a pic. Thank you for those who took the time to reply.

Bryan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130417_200115[1].jpg (239.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ahh! You found that "special" RPM limiting adjustment screw!
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #16
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would be checking out every nook and cranny on the carb!
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

airbox to carb screw? easy rebuild as long as the piston and valves didnt incur major damage
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #18
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

Amazing. The throttle shutter is missing a screw. I am amazed that could happen.

I'm thinking of putting it back together, adjusting the valves, checking compression and dropping it back in the cart.

Unless you think I should do something else to the motor before I button it up? Will I need a new head gasket? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, is there an assembly manual for this motor? I want to make sure I get the torque specs correct.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
Old 04-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #19
racin161
Gone Wild

Place the head on a piece of tempeerd glass and fine emery paper to flatten out the head surface. Pour cleaning solvent or gas in the intake ports and check for leakage around the valves then do the same on the exhaust side. If no leakage or just damp you'll be good. Locktite both carb screws not only the one that fell out use RED not blue new gasket and POW. Because you already have the head off you may elect to just replace the valves and hand lap them in. Save the old ones for spares or fishing weights.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO