lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 350 with several minor (but annoying) running issues

good luck,,i no you will get it all gets figured out soon,and correct
i could jinx you so im not givin any wrong info
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Salvaged at least *part* of the day and started pulling the body apart, decided that there were enough little rust specs etc that I may as well strip it down and get it clean, primed, and at least a protective layer of paint under the wrap ... STILL pi**ed about the carb but oh well, the new one should be here Tuesday so that should let me get the rear body straightened away .
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #13
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ouch.........
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Feeling a little better - just got back from a dry run to look at another 1200 Workhorse I saw come up on CL this morning, it was a 2002 and basically stock but from the pics awful clean ... Asking was $3200 (which I was almost aghast at) so I called and took a drive to just see what the deal was, tire kick, snoop, etc (hey, it's Sunday and I was bored waiting on a carb, remember?) - pulled up as it was driving away on a trailer and got to enjoy a consolation Old Style while listening to the OTHER potential buyer kick himself for not taking it at $3600 (the buyer and he seemed to have shown up at once and it became an "offer war" of sorts, sold for $3400, 200 MORE than the listed asking price).

Suddenly these speedbumps don't bother me so much, LOL
Old 05-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
speedgolfer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

with it idleing spray some Starting fluid around the intake and carb to see if you have a air leak, backfireing and half choke allot of times is a air leak, (if it start to rev up or kill off when spraying you have a air leak)
speedgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
beater cart
Gone Wild

And I thought I paid on the high side.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #17
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I would change out the fuel.If its' old,besides having oil-mixed in,then it will give you problems.For the amount of trouble you are going thru,a few gallons of gas is minor.Use High-test for the initial run,it always seems to help a little.Also check the fuel-pump.My Wifes' cart was acting like it was out of gas last spring,after sitting all winter.Pulled the pump apart,and it was gummed-up from this wonderful fuel,had a lot of powder from the ethanol/aluminum war too!!!I know your pain of being so close,and yet so far.I tuned up Moms cart Thurs.nite.Put the carb back on,started tightening the nuts,and the spacer-block crumbled(found the running-problem!!!).Ordered it Fri.,won't be here til Thurs. or Fri.!!(Everything Carts needs to use Fed-Ex!!!UPS is too Slow!!!!)
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I bought this one, gas, tax, tolls, and dinner for the "Other Half" in Chicago FAR on the shy side of three figures - so I feel pretty good, LOL
Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good luck on finding a solution.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well today was a set of mixed feelings ... Got to watch my Little Girl go away

20130510_145542.jpg

On the upside, she's just going into storage til we get done with the auctions, LOL - but it was still weird seeing her leave the Compound.

NOW - as to the cart ... I decided that while the auction team is running around and digging through stuff, etc I should probably have the cart at least together-ISH so I can move it easily, etc, but I really wanted to have the cowl handy for when the wrap comes in tomorrow so I can get it to my buddy who installs the stuff (I'm going to do the easy stuff on the body myself, but DANG the cowl had a lot of strange spots like the "grille" etc when I sized it up so I figured let it go to someone who knows).

THEN I realized I still had a TXT cowl laying around, and coincidentally in primer to match the body panels... Cue the 2hr dig and search, and **** if I didn't actually FIND it, hahahaha

20130513_152029.jpg

The BEST part was watching Candy almost literally break into tears when I teased her and told her I was going to keep that front end on the cart, total "deadpan" straightfaced and all - PRICELESS as well as good Yuks that eased the pain of seeing the Willys out of the shop.

Anyhow, Pachanga, I took your advice and pulled and drained (and of course cleaned) the tank so the new carb will oficially be a total "do-over" when it arrives on Wed, MAN I'm hoping that's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Hopefully she'll be in service within a few days, THEN I get the cosmetics wrapped up (literally ) and start with the lift, etc. For the record, Maguires "Total Black" is the BEST anti-oxidizing stuff i have ever worked with for trim, plastics, etc, $9 a throw (ouch) but seriously, wipe-on, wipe-off and it makes everything Black shine like new.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO