lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G22e New throttle sensor, solenoid, FSIP 500 amp but no go.

My g22 just stopped going. I found a bad factory splice on the red yellow going to the front of the cart and fixed it but no change. I tested the motor. I installed a FSIP FX503 thinking the controller was bad. It will not even close the solenoid at any time, tow switch, key or pedal stop switch. I sent the FX503 back for bench testing and they said it is fine. I have tested voltage on pins 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7. 3 has V when the pedal is pushed. 4 & 5 are correct with forward and reverse and 7 is correct on the pedal push plus it is a new throttle sensor. I ordered a 400/1000 amp solenoid and 4 AWG cables plus the diode and resistor. I installed this parts waiting on the FX503 to come back. After installing the FX503 the solenoid clicked the tires turned half a rotation and then nothing. Now once again the solenoid will not click and and I get nothing. I can ground out the neg on the solenoid and it closes. The fuse is fine. Now with the new solenoid I did notice that the resistor is very hot. I can touch it but if i keep my finger on it it burns. I will take a pick and post it from my phone in a min.
AutoX95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G22e New throttle sensor, solenoid, FSIP 500 amp but no go.

Here are the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00116.jpg (211.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00117.jpg (144.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00118.jpg (166.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00119.jpg (205.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK so just an update. I pulled the wiring harness out of the cart and pulled all the tape and loom off of it. I cut the shrink wrap back on all of the factory splice points and everything looks fine. Also before anyone asks yes I moved the pin 11 to pin 17 on the controller connector.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can anyone please help me out here?
OK one more update. While the harness was out I omh out every wire on the harness. I also verified each wires location on the controller plug as compared to the manual wiring diagram. No problems found.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK disregard this post. I lowered the volts to 16v and suffered with the sparks and it ran fine.

I think I tested the motor the first time as a SERIES wound motor and it spun the tires. After sorting thru a bunch of info on the web I tried testing it again as a SepEx, Regen, Shunt Motor with jumpers from A1 to F1 and A2 to F2 then 32V to the A1/F1 and ground to the A2/F2. It sparked like mad and melted the term post on the cable.
I then ohm the A1/A2 and showed .002 ohm but the F1/F2 showed .008 I then hand spun the tires and it showed .229 ohms. do I have a bad motor? should I do something else to test it?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can anyone say anything? I feel like the strange homeless guy yelling to himself in the train station that everyone purposely ignores!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

No one going to help me out?
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
AutoX95
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

WoW!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't take it personally, nobody who has read this knows the system well enough to say 'its the red wire' or ? Mostly we run Ezgo & CC.
In theory the cart won't run until you get the solenoid clicking with the gas peddle consistently.
The solenoid requires a + and a - at the 2 small posts to click.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

it seems everything checks out ok (with the exception of no solenoid) the fact that you got a half turn at the wheels, and precharge resistor is hot tells me everything is working but the solenoid. the resistor is hot because it is trying to feed the entire system and turn the motor when the power should be flowing through the solenoid. dont replace any other parts, track down the cause of the solenoid not working. start searching this site and elsewhere for a wiring diagram. wish i could tell you which wire colors to chase, but i work on too many carts to remember every wire color on every cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha