lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Push pedal and now nothing.

Took the kids out for a ride around the campground in the G8E. Drove around for about 30 mins or so. While pulling into my site it just stopped moving. Flipped the fwd rev switch and nothing. Let it sit for a min and if I eased into pedal nothing until about 3/4 pressed. Tried to move it up to where I keep it and pressing the pedal all the way nothing again. It's to dark to see what's going on. Is there anything I should look for, or at when I start to troubleshoot it. Batteries were pretty charged at about 37.7 volts at time of it not moving. While pressing the pedal the solenoid does click. That's as far as I got its pitch black dark out.
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Push pedal and now nothing.

I had to run out this morning. Before I left I tried the golf cart and all was normal. I will check it out later but it moved with very little pedal pressed. I don't know if something over heated last night but I will get into it later.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Went out and I have 38.4 volts across the batteries. Everything is tight. Everything is working. I don't know. The only thing I'm not sure about is I put a headlight/taillight kit on it about a month ago. I ran the hot to the voltage reducer off the key switch and not direct to the battery. Everything has been fine until last night. I don't know what to look for now everything is working.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
nchoma
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a similar issue but mine moves when I only press the pedal down a small amount, I am interested in finding out what people suggest for you.
nchoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I think something may be overheating. It just did it again. I drove it around for about 35-40 minutes and it stopped working again when I got back to my site. I let it sit for 5 minutes and its working again. I did put a lift kit on it with 22in tires and being a 36v I believe I have to take it easy in my hilly campground. The bigger tires take away from torque and I believe that is putting strain on the motor. The motor was hot but nothing crazy.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Pay close attention to the F&R switch. When it quits, i bet you will find that the f&r is hot.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I would have thought so too. It was actually the first thing I checked when I opened up the seat. It wasn't really that warm. The control box was a little warmer then the f/r switch but the motor was clearly the most warm. Like I said it was hot but nothing crazy. I honestly believe the bigger wheels and hilly campground are a but much for it.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
LarryLive
Gone Wild

Mac the next time it happens ( have a volt meter handy) check the voltage across the accelerator swith under the pedal.
LarryLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok I will. Hasn't happened again since I started taking it easy. Like I said the campground is a little hilly but so are most golf courses. The only thing in thinking is on a course you go from hole to hole ball to ball and it sits for a few minutes. When this was happening it was after atleast 25 min of continuous driving. Didn't really stop to much.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha