lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unhappy Is It Safe?

After repairing my first car a matter of days ago I some how got elected to try and fix a cart that has been sitting at my kid's school for years. It is a 36v Yamaha. Year I have no idea. It is a resistor cart tho. With a multimeter I was able to verify all switches are good as well as the solenoid. The batteries are BEYOND gone. My question is before I buy a set of batteries would it be safe to hook my 48v pack from my cart to this cart VIA jumper cables for just a brief few seconds to verify the motor is still operational? I would jack up the back end so the cart is not to actually move but just spin the wheels. Thanks for any input on this.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Is It Safe?

geeezzz your into everything ... LOL
yea for a test you can jump carts
edit .. i'd use just 42v

id cart ---> http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...ialNumbers.PDF
Old 08-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
geeezzz your into everything ... LOL
yea for a test you can jump carts
edit .. i'd use just 42v

id cart ---> http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...ialNumbers.PDF
HA! No I fixed my first one ever and took the kids to school in it and their principal asked when we got it and my son had to "brag" that we got it broken and I fixed it. Then When I picked them up in it I got stopped "So I hear you can fix golf carts. We have an old one that has not run in years. Would you mind taking a look at it?" WTF?!?!?! lol.....
Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
crash test dummy

LOL... welcome to my world .. working on mine a few years ago and before i knew it i had 5 carts lined up to fix .. right now there are 3 in yard needing something fixed , plus one i'm painting
Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
LOL... welcome to my world .. working on mine a few years ago and before i knew it i had 5 carts lined up to fix .. right now there are 3 in yard needing something fixed , plus one i'm painting
Just super! lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha