lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1991 ezgo help

Nice pics and can not wait to see what you find.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Put the input shaft side down, often I use a 2 x 10 with a hole drilled in it for the input shaft to hang through. Remove the bolt,detent spring, and ball from the front of the trans on pass. side of the shifter before splitting trans. Take photo's before splitting to remember which direction the bolts and spacers are in. Input bearing definitely took out the seal.Hopefully only the input bearing and seal are bad. Gaskets are hard to get, so be careful splitting.Many times you can get away with gasket sealer to close back up. Use black non hardening sealer. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.
Bob
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #23
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvkersh View Post
Put the input shaft side down, often I use a 2 x 10 with a hole drilled in it for the input shaft to hang through. Remove the bolt,detent spring, and ball from the front of the trans on pass. side of the shifter before splitting trans. Take photo's before splitting to remember which direction the bolts and spacers are in. Input bearing definitely took out the seal.Hopefully only the input bearing and seal are bad. Gaskets are hard to get, so be careful splitting.Many times you can get away with gasket sealer to close back up. Use black non hardening sealer. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.
Bob
Ok thanks for the advice! Didn't get to it tonight, forgot pops bday was tomorrow, spent the night scouring auto parts stores looking for a shift knob for his vette for him, hard to believe they are hard to find anymore
Bagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #24
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok got it split open, it was bone dry. On the top obviously the one bearing is destroyed, and the other 2 exposed are clapped. The governor fork is broke as well, so spent some time at the dealer with a guy I know and we researched all the parts, the 6 bearings he had in stock(he cross referenced the ezgo numbers to yamaha and article cat numbers) and he has to order the one bearing seal, governor fork and gasket, along with a quart of gear oil, his total will be about $220. He said he will order the stuff Thursday when they get paid and hopefully everything comes in relatively quick and I can get this thing out of my garage.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #25
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok got all the bearing swapped out, got the new governor fork in, new bearing seal in and used non hardening yamaha gasket material since the oem gasket ended up being on a long back order. Got it all back together and it works great, I took it over to their house then and they are very happy with it and said it was quieter now too. Guess the rear must have been making noise since it was empty lol. It ended up costing them about $200 for everything since I didn't charge them anything for doing it, I enjoyed it and it was a good learning experience.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO