lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
thinze2
Not Yet Wild

Default In dash stereo system. TXT

I've decided to go in dash with my stereo system - I think (haha).

If I put the stereo where the ball holder is, what type of bracket do I need to go into the dash? The Kenwood marine stereo I purchased only has a small sleeve that allows the stereo to snap into place once you slide the stereo in. The sleeve itself doesn't appear to have any place to attach it to the inside of the golf cart. It only has the bend tabs on it.

Is there a universal mounting bracket that will attach to this sleeve?
Do I even need the sleeve? I think it would be nice to be able to slide the stereo in and out when necessary.
Is there a bracket that will attach directly to the radio and then to the cart?
thinze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
thinze2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: In dash stereo system. TXT

I found this post below with pics showing the condition I am talking about. I don't see what is holding his stereo sleeve in place. It has to be solid to hold the actual stereo once you slide it in.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post754467
thinze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinze2 View Post
I found this post below with pics showing the condition I am talking about. I don't see what is holding his stereo sleeve in place. It has to be solid to hold the actual stereo once you slide it in.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post754467
Just a suggestion.....send him a PM and ask him directly how he did it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Suggestion - in dash stereo draws power. I went with a bluetooth rechargable speaker under dash mount. I generally never use the radio and stream pandora.. just a thought for you. Lot less work too ;)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I opted out like Dela with a rechargeable speaker and use Slacker, Pandora, or my own collection from the phone with bluetooth. If I want I can take the speaker to a remote location or the boat.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I used the standard head unit sleeve, then bent the tabs on the sleeve backwards. I took some foam strips and tucked them between the sleeves and the cart's dash, worked out nicely.

On another note, I purchased a pretty cheap set up and it does great as it did on several motorcycles I installed them in before.

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-XR4115-Mechless-Digital-Receiver/dp/B004U299S8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379534177&sr=1-2&keywords=dual+mechless http://www.amazon.com/Dual-XR4115-Mechless-Digital-Receiver/dp/B004U299S8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379534177&sr=1-2&keywords=dual+mechless

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-DS652-6-5-Inch-Speaker-System/dp/B000HCN2QU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379533982&sr=1-3&keywords=dual+6.5+speakers http://www.amazon.com/Dual-DS652-6-5-Inch-Speaker-System/dp/B000HCN2QU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379533982&sr=1-3&keywords=dual+6.5+speakers

On the motorcycles I added a little amp that doesn't draw much amperage.

http://www.amazon.com/Nitro-Bmw-x43-Watt-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B0030D69M2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379534078&sr=1-1&keywords=nitro+amplifier http://www.amazon.com/Nitro-Bmw-x43-Watt-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B0030D69M2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379534078&sr=1-1&keywords=nitro+amplifier
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130917_162829_047.jpg (55.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130909_192718_498.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 views)
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Goldenjc97
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I also recently installed a stereo in my TXT and did what was said above. I cut out the ball holder a little at a time so that the sleeve the radio came with was nice and snug. Then bent the metal tabs on the sleeve for extra support. I haven't had any issues since. I also bought a marine radio cover to keep it dry and what not.

Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378336417.024647.jpg (292.9 KB, 0 views)
Goldenjc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinze2 View Post
I've decided to go in dash with my stereo system - I think (haha).

If I put the stereo where the ball holder is, what type of bracket do I need to go into the dash? The Kenwood marine stereo I purchased only has a small sleeve that allows the stereo to snap into place once you slide the stereo in. The sleeve itself doesn't appear to have any place to attach it to the inside of the golf cart. It only has the bend tabs on it.

Is there a universal mounting bracket that will attach to this sleeve?
Do I even need the sleeve? I think it would be nice to be able to slide the stereo in and out when necessary.
Is there a bracket that will attach directly to the radio and then to the cart?
Does that unit not have a removable face plate? This would reduce the need to pull the whole head-unit for theft prevention.

You will be best to use the retainer cage. There is really no means to secure the head-unit in the dash bezel without it.

You will either need to find a spot suitable to cut a 7 x 2 opening to mount the head-unit, where there plenty of clearance in the back. or, fabricate a bezel. Using a marine enclosure is also a good idea if the cart will be used in we weather. Even though you purchased a marine units, its not waterproof.

Depending on how rigid the mounting bezel is, you may need to support the back of the head-unit, or fab a shelf for it to rest on.

You need a rain shield to cover the top if the head-unit does not have the plastic cover that attaches to the top.
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #9
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

I mounted mine the same way in the ball holder. I dont like that it is in the way of cup in the drivers cup holder but thats how it is. My speakers turned out much better. I got two 3x6 I think at walmart and mounted them under the glove boxes aming at the floor. I'll work on some pictures for you.
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #10
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenjc97 View Post
I also recently installed a stereo in my TXT and did what was said above. I cut out the ball holder a little at a time so that the sleeve the radio came with was nice and snug. Then bent the metal tabs on the sleeve for extra support. I haven't had any issues since. I also bought a marine radio cover to keep it dry and what not.

Good luck
Good idea, I need to pick up a marine cover asap.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO