lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Drrheincart
Not Yet Wild

Default TWO different motors to choose from.

So I have a 96 Ezfo series cart with 1 hp 36v motor.
The cart has a new 36-48v controller and solenoid + 2awg wire and has been upped to 42v. Lifted 4" with 22" tires.
The cart is used a lot for hilly terrain. It goes well up hills now but could do a little better and be a bit faster on the road.

I also have a 97 2 HP DCS 36v motor. (Fleet speed, whatever that means).

First, will the DCS motor work in a series cart without modification?
Second, is one's initial impression that a 2 hp is a doubling of power realistic?
Third, will sending the motor to Plumquick for a bandit mod be worthwhile?
Fourth, Which motor will be best to send for that mod for what I need?
Drrheincart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TWO different motors to choose from.

1st. NO the DCS (Sepex) motor will not work in a series application, they are different animals.
2nd. the fact that you want from 36v to 42v gave your cart more torque, and a little more speed.
3rd. that is a question you would have to answer. but if you want more speed that you have right now, you will need to either send your motor out or buy another aftermarket motor to suit your needs.
4th. see #1 above.

EDIT: OOPS, I made a little boo boo.....fixed it, had a brain fart!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: TWO different motors to choose from.

I do not agree with statement 2 of the above reply. Applying 16.6% more voltage (36 to 42v) will result in 16.6% more motor torque And rpm. Which should result in roughly 16% higher top speed. Unless the cart is so loaded down with weight that it could never acheive top speed anyway. This is a series cart, there is no rpm speed limiter in the controller. As Nuke said though, As far as putting a sepex motor in a series application, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO