lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Default Ez go year question?

I just inherited this cart, question is the id plate on the inside of the passenger sidewall say manufacture code "15m87". I'm guessing that means it's an 87. Then when I plug in the serial number "463372" it comes up as an 88. Thing is, that's kind of the cut off for certain parts. I need a new drive belt, and I'm seeing one for up to 87, then one for just 88. This is all new to me so any help is appreciated. What year do I have?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ez go year question?

Welcome 77 to BGW yes you have an 88 and it's a different animal. Basic 1 year cart. Parts are there but $$$$$ hope you NEVER NEED MUFFLER they think there GOLD like (series tickets)
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

EBAY HAS ALMOST EXACT REPLACEMENT MUFFLERS THE CORRECT SIZE WITH MANY DIFFERENT INLETS AND OUTLETS AND THEY SAY THERE FOR LAWN TRACTORS..CHEAP LIKE 35-40 BUCKS..
I NO A GUY THAT ORDERED ONE AND IT MATCHED HIS PERFECT THANKFULLY.
MINE HAS BEEN MODDED TO WORK WITH THE NEW 4 STROKE AND IS QUITE AS A MOUSE..
IM TALKING 2 STROKE MUFFLERS SO NOT SURE IF THATS WHAT YOU HAVE
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Morgan44
Gone Wild

That scares me. I just ordered a new drive belt that is 44 1/8 long. My stock one I pulled off measured 45 on the outside. Of course I see a different belt listed for an 88, but no size listed for it. I seem to always end up with the complicated ones. Are the measurements they list measured on the outside or inside?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO