lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: New battery design help

Only for stock carts? Good for upgraded carts? Max discharge rate? (many Li cells have max discharge rate of 10C = MAX 400 amp controller if using 40ah cells). Also, are you leaving any "buffer" in here? (only using 80% max C, SOC, ect..)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #22
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just an observation regarding privately owned golf carts...
Quote:
3000 cycles = 8.22 years - 365 days a year

I am somewhat the exception when it comes to being a private cart owner at my golf club (I have owned my cart since 2002). There are about 50 private carts; but only five or six of us tend to keep our carts more than 5 years. The majority tend to replace their carts between 4-6 years. And only a handful have had to replace their batteries during ownership. I would almost hazard a guess that when their batteries need replacing, they trade-in and buy a new cart.

I'm not sure a 10 year (improved) battery life would seem like a big feature. Most of the guys at my club like getting a new "ride" every 5 years or so (and are probably using the batteries as an excuse to do so).
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #23
crash test dummy

good point .. but us poor old boys got to keep what we got as cheep n long as possible
Old 02-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #24
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I know...those golf people are a pain in the bu** aren't they? I have to admit - I've never kept a 12 year old golf club (except my putter). We golf folk are always trying to buy-a-game! Must be true of the carts too. Hey...wait a minute....do you guys think if I got a new golf cart my handicap would improve?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #25
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I am all about trying new things... My concern is.. If it is going to cost more for the batts.. they are going to cost more to rent the carts when you golf, as most courses lease the carts not own them. so if the batts are more, the lease will be more, so the rental on the carts will be more!!! jus does not make sense to me.. I have a 96 ezgo 36 volt with 8yr old napa batteries. I have always taken good care of my batteries, I replaced them long before I ever found this site. my next set will be trojan or crowne now that I have been able to read the post on here concerning batteries. I think I will pay the 6 to 700.00 every 8 to 10 yrs for batteries and get twice the usage out of my batteries for the money.
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #26
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

BTW.. I play between 3 and 5 rounds a week. so my batteries get used a lot... I know.. 3 and 5 rounds a week is embarrassing!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #27
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
Hey...wait a minute....do you guys think if I got a new golf cart my handicap would improve?
aww Grasshopper old saying goes .. everything improve with age ,... so keep old cart and old clubs and your handicap will improve.. if not cheat !!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #28
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
everything improve with age
My distance hasn't improved with age! (but I'm hanging in) - and the best wood in my bag has always been the pencil (even better with eraser).

My carts old - but I like to think its classy and smooth (appearance upgrades). Golf buddies call me Retro-Joe. I've hit the wall with my batteries though - they are 2002 vintage and barely finished the final few rounds last year. Subby44, 3-5 rounds (minimum) is what I play weekly BUT in Canada, so I store the cart for half year.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #29
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Joesam... I have to keep my cart in storage too... Kinda sucks...
Old 02-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #30
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Old Carts are like Old Cars, Only those who have them understand it,or respect it,The others always think Old= Junk,New= Good.I'll keep my Old Junk!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car