lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #31
Mayor of G Vegas
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: In the market for Cart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
I'm with you. But if you were buying that cart from me, would you check the floorpans, ddoorsills and trunk for rust?

That is a sweet ride
I would inspect for sure . but would i "peck" at your car with an awl or a screw driver never . - Mayor
Mayor of G Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #32
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

You do not have to remove any cables to test the batteries
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #33
Mayor of G Vegas
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
You do not have to remove any cables to test the batteries

Talking on what the guys were saying earlier ....- Mayor
Mayor of G Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #34
jra007
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and input on this subject. Im pleased with the response and also the friendly manner in which everyone voiced their opinion. Its rare to see among web forums these days where normally it turns into a big shouting match.

Im fairly certain that i will be buying a 2009-2010 CCP used, stock or slightly modified as stated earlier. Also i plan to take on some of the work on my own. And it seems that if the batteries are original that there will be months of service left in them and not years. I most def will throw a volt meter on the bank both before and after i drive to get a total voltage reading. If everything else checks out this will make my decision easy one way or another... i always like to have an informed decision when using my hard earned money. Thanks again!
jra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #35
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra007 View Post
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and input on this subject. Im pleased with the response and also the friendly manner in which everyone voiced their opinion. Its rare to see among web forums these days where normally it turns into a big shouting match.

Im fairly certain that i will be buying a 2009-2010 CCP used, stock or slightly modified as stated earlier. Also i plan to take on some of the work on my own. And it seems that if the batteries are original that there will be months of service left in them and not years. I most def will throw a volt meter on the bank both before and after i drive to get a total voltage reading. If everything else checks out this will make my decision easy one way or another... i always like to have an informed decision when using my hard earned money. Thanks again!

. . . good luck . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #36
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Best wishe JRA007! Sounds like you have a good plan.
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #37
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

The place we bought our used cart from guaranteed the batteries for 6 months. That sounded reasonable. If they failed, they would replace with used batteries. They would replace them once. I wish I knew then what I know now from reading here on BGW. I would have saved a lot of grief and frustration and gone ahead and bought new batteries. Just not from that place.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #38
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

One thing to watch for is often someone will throw in cheap batteries because they n they are going to sell it.
Personally I would rather find one with old batteries that needed replacing with a price that reflected it.

Ya, letting someone take battery cables off is a bad idea, as they obviously don't know what they are doing.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car