lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #21
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1989 EZGO 2 stroke bogging after oil disconnect

Is it spitting any fuel out of the carb?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #22
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I suppose something ? Could have got sucked through the carb and blocked a reed . Ill have to pull it down (intake ) to check that. When I took the banjo bolt loose I dont think anything could have got sucked in there but who knows .
ric44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #23
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No fuel discharge from carb .
Old 05-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #24
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Probably not a reed then, but worth a look.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #25
Morgan44
Gone Wild

Maybe a some pics of the carb and over all setup will help. Is that possible?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #26
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

After thinking (dreaming) last nite I think I might know whats gone wrong here. Ill do a compression check my next day off to verify. I suspect the compression will be low and the rings are way past their service limit. I think the direct oil injection may have kind of masked that fact by sealing the cylinder up a bit and when I did away with the dribble of oil it became more obvious. Soooooo a rebuild will prob be in order. Maybe just rings maybe way more. We will see.... and Ill report back.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #27
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Uggghhhh. Hate to hear a cart operated without air cleaner. Wondering if we have the confluences of two unrelated issues here......

Mixing 1 oz to 1 gallon and disconnecting the fuel pump should make no difference in the cart's operation, unless there is an air leak on the manifold where the bolt was put. So I think we are seeing something unrelated to something else, unless the removal process loosened some bolts, or you left the linkage on the throttle plate for the oil pump, and it's jamming on something.

However, I have seen a burnt piston happen because a cart was run with the air filter accidentally disconnected. If you bought it from a guy, tooled around a dusty field for a bit, then decided to unhook the oil tank, you may have already damaged the piston or cylinder.

if you didn't drain the fuel lines and carb bowl when removing the tank, it would also have had to run without oil for a little bit. Again, a compression test will tell you if anything has happened here.

I'd suggest doing a compression test before doing anything else.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #28
misterpowertools
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Could the new bolt in the intake be too long? Cable to oil pump removed? Throttle cable not disturbed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
misterpowertools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #29
ric44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well got home this afternoon and did a compression check. My suspicions were correct it seems. Checked it twice back to back and got only 90psi both times. Enough to run? Yeah but not run right . Ebay seems to have pretty good pricing on a piston, ring, and gasket kit so I guess my next move will be teardown and see what size/ condition the cylinder-seals and piston are in before ordering. Thanks to you guys for the help .
Old 05-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #30
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Did you check the reeds? If it stopped running good all of a sudden, it's not because of wear. Pull the reed cage out without disturbing the reeds. Take a look and see if the ends of the reeds are laying flat on the cage or are slightly open. They should be flat. This could cause it to run like crap, and have lower compression.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO