lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default HELP !!! Been so long I think I forgot which Lift Kit I need

2006 EZGO Gas Workhorse MPT ... Can't remember, the last workhorse I did I believe I used a TXT Electric Spindle lift lit, but there was another where I had to get a Workhorse-Specific kit in order to relocate the brake lines correctly (I *do* remember a standard TXT Gas kit is wrong)

Anyone remember or know offhand? I'd love to have the lift ordered in the AM in order to have it in my hands for install before the weekend, Thanks!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: HELP !!! Been so long I think I forgot which Lift Kit I need

Bcm, I used standard oem lift and just flipped the brakes right to left. Cables run under. There is wh lift out there with the custom rear lift blocks but not sure who had it.

Found one http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...-twin-cyl/6216
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Dale, get the front lift for a standard 06 txt. The rear, you can just move the axel under the springs and swap the brakes left to right like Kris said.
That's how I lifted mine. When I needed more lift after I installed the long travel front, I just stopped by a little job shop in Burlington and bought a couple 2x3 x 3" 1/8th inch cutoffs and used them as blocks.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:39 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scot, Thanks Kgsc - I forgot abut that brake swap thing, sorta panicked ... I'm bummed that I can't do the Long Travel on this one but it looks like I may have cut a deal on another '06 just like it (crazily enough, also with a bad motor but in excellent shape) so that one I'm going to just resign to take my time on and do slowly and 100% the way I want to.

Now to flip the coin on the 12's or the 14's (I hate losing the 1/2" tread width with the 14's but I think with what I have in mind for this cart they'd look pretty sweet) and get those orders in !!!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Fwiw, mine are 23 Kendas sitting on 12 diamonds.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Did a little fineggelin' with the guys at Rocky Top, They're giving me the 6218 kit I need (even though it's like $100 more than the standard kit that goes with their combos) and they're doing a set of 10.5-14's with a flat profile instead of the 10-14 Saharas for a little less than the standard kit combo with the little tires, I *Love* those guys, they always remember a good customer and they always bend over backwards to take care of You, even when it's been almost a year since I ordered :)

Now onto the next "Fun" dilemma, I haven't blown "real" paint in years, but I still have Dad's paintbooth to work with (unless we sell the Estate this week) so I ended up borrowing a few tools and ordered the paints to do this one myself, cost about $150 less than having it done locally by a buddy but that covers the spread on replacing the seats or getting the seats done the way I *want* .... "Baby Steps" as they say, LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO