lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Siezed engine after rebuild

(oops - we were posting at the same time) - for the record, I run shorter belts on ALL my carts, 2 and 4-stroke, and have never had an issue, they are hard to get on at first but after a week or two of running they break-in and become really smooth (the first few runs they will be a bit "grabby" and will jerk the cart on takeoff, occasionally).

I live at an old Ski Resort, so hills are the norm around here (and I mean BIG hills) - with the 28deg clutch and shorter belts, I have never had a cart run out of anything but traction ... If You're worried about the stress of the belt though, definitely do the 28deg conversion - trust me.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #22
Skattracker2
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Brew,
I will see how she does over the 4th and that may be my next investment. The wife is getting a little angry over this one right now.
Skattracker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #23
Skattracker2
Not Yet Wild

My 25" tires are pretty shot, so I may go down to 22-24" also, but I would like to be able to spin the tires on dirt.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #24
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

When I ran my 2PG,I ran 22" tires,and I shimmed the primary clutch-spring 3/16"(1-1/8" U-bolt washer),It made a nite/day difference with no other mods.The low-end was great after that.24"-25" tires are a bit much for those motors to handle stock in my opinion,especially on hills.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #25
Morgan44
Gone Wild

I don't think that 28 degree helix will work on an 88'. Right?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #26
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Oh H*** that's right, this is a 2PG - You'd have to go with an entirely new clutch (or shim the Drive like Pachanga mentioned) ... Good call, Morgan
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #27
Skattracker2
Not Yet Wild

Well guys. Engine is back together and runs great. My old rings were in with the R up too so who knows what happened.
New issue. Now with new muffler the engine is quiet but my drive clutch rattles and will not fully close. I have a good Comment duster clutch but it seems to not be the right size. I also have a. 3pg with a good clutch. Is the 3pg clutch different? How different? Does it need a different size puller?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO