lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default Little help with HD springs on Marathon

Hey everyone,

After reading a ton of threads on HD springs and getting a bunch of help from everyone here the bug hit me today to put them on my 92 EZGO electric Marathon. I had read the Tractor Supply ones had worked well for others so after identifying the part number I ran out and grabbed a set today. Well long story short looks like their 26" is actually 25 1/4 although measure 26". Anyway the center stud is off by about 3/4" and I don't think these are going to cut the mustard. The original bushings are also too big but I figure a local parts store would have them. So the only way I see I could make these fit is to try and shift the axel a little forward but don't think that's a good idea for the shock or tire clearance when I get some tires. I attached a few pics... but let me know what you think. My guess is I will end up returning them and ordering some from one of our sponsors. If I do I will prob just grab the economy 4" lift at the same time. Any suggestions or lessons learned yall can share would be appreciated as I have burned up my four letter vocabulary for the day. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaf spring 1.jpg (240.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg leaf spring 2.jpg (195.5 KB, 0 views)
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Little help with HD springs on Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgoin92 View Post
I had read the Tractor Supply ones had worked well for others so after identifying the part number I ran out and grabbed a set today.
Those other threads mentioned the same issues you posted about. The main problem is the bushings. I have a set of Agri Supply springs sitting here because I wasn't happy with cutting the stock bushings down far enough for them to fit. If I did there would be no rubber left. I never found bushings that actually fit either. These springs measured 27" eye to eye just like txt springs.

The center pin isn't off enough to make a huge difference. Never noticed that with the Agri Supply springs. You could drill the spring plate 3/4" off to move the axle back correct if you wanted too.

They are only $16 each so it is a budget super HD spring swap for sure if you can make it work.
http://www.agrisupply.com/trailer-sp...52/&sid=&eid=/
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As for bushings.... Not that I'm proud of it but I took some heater hose and made my own for a trailer once. I bought a foot of several sizes/kinds of hose. I took the one that fit closest and it worked out fine. That trailer is still on the road and still no issues...

The above advise is worth every penny you paid for it....
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Thanks that is funny..... that is exactly what i did today. When i complete the project i'll have to post a "how i did it" thread. Northern Tool had an exact 27" fit which are looking to be a good fit so far. Thanks
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You know what they say... Great minds think alike (and fools seldom differ)...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO