lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #21
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Increasing the speed of a Series Motor

It's the original 36v motor but cart is upgraded to 48v with fsip 700amp controller and everything.....
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2017, 10:15 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is a big controller, sorry for repeating but running the motor with Field Weakening activated during a torque condition (going up hill) will heat the Motor up pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radelon View Post
Alright I've compiled a parts list from Mouser, the only thing I'm missing is the solenoid.

Mouser # Mfr. # Manufacturer Customer # Description RoHS Lifecycle Order Qty. Price (USD) Ext.: (USD)
1 655-T9AP1D52-48-01 T9AP1D52-48-01 TE Connectivity General Purpose Relays SPST-NO 30A 48VDC Relay Flange Mount RoHS Compliant 1 $4.57 $4.57
2 621-1N4007 1N4007-T Diodes Incorporated Rectifiers Vr/1000V Io/1A T/R RoHS Compliant By Exemption 1 $0.14 $0.14
3 941-C503BRCNCW0Z0AA1 C503B-RCN-CW0Z0AA1 Cree, Inc. Standard LEDs - Through Hole Red Round LED RoHS Compliant 1 $0.15 $0.15
4 941-C503BGCNCY0C0791 C503B-GCN-CY0C0791 Cree, Inc. Standard LEDs - Through Hole Green Round LED RoHS Compliant 3 $0.24 $0.72
5 941-C503BAANCY0B0251 C503B-AAN-CY0B0251 Cree, Inc. Standard LEDs - Through Hole Amber Round LED RoHS Compliant 1 $0.15 $0.15
6 621-1N4004 1N4004-T Diodes Incorporated Rectifiers Vr/400V Io/1A T/R RoHS Compliant By Exemption 1 $0.13 $0.13
7 612-PV5S64011 PV5S64011 E-Switch Pushbutton Switches Anti-Vandal PB Swch Off-(On) blk-blk RoHS Compliant 1 $4.59 $4.59

Does this look right? Did anyone ever have success with this?
You also need a 200 amp Solenoid, it may come with a diode (site sponsors), if not get a 3 amp diode:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...BzeNlPcwsXTSiK
You can also use another 1N4007 diode instead of the LEDs, but I think the LED gives a nice visual indication the "overdrive" is engaged.

I installed a few LEDs on my dash by just drilling a hole, pushing the LED from the back and putting hot glue on the back.

It does a good job securing the LED and serves as a strain-relief for the LED leads where they enter the LED body.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:08 AM   #23
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is a big controller, sorry for repeating but running the motor with Field Weakening activated during a torque condition (going up hill) will heat the Motor up pretty quickly.

You also need a 200 amp Solenoid, it may come with a diode (site sponsors), if not get a 3 amp diode:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...BzeNlPcwsXTSiK
You can also use another 1N4007 diode instead of the LEDs, but I think the LED gives a nice visual indication the "overdrive" is engaged.

I installed a few LEDs on my dash by just drilling a hole, pushing the LED from the back and putting hot glue on the back.

It does a good job securing the LED and serves as a strain-relief for the LED leads where they enter the LED body.
Ok hold up..... So according to your drawing, I had everything but the solenoid. But now you are adding a 3rd diode? Where does that go? First one is on the relay, second one is on the new seperate solenoid. On your drawing you only have 1N4004 and 1N4007, but you linked another 1N5408G.

Next question.... you also pointed to another build that only uses a button and a secondary solenoid which I'm guessing you have to hold the button to keep it engaged?

While I do like your design better, are these doing the exact same thing? Yours stays engaged until you let off the pedal and the other is only engaged while the button is depressed. Just weird that 1 setup doesn't require any leds or diodes and the other does? Can you please explain?
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The LEDs are not required, you can use a regular 1N4007 diode instead of the LEDs.

The idea is that You use a momentary ON switch to activate the small relay.

Once the relay is activated, You need something to keep it running if You release the momentary ON button.

You can use a regular 1N4007 for that purpose (striped end towards the relay coil), or You can use one or more LEDs as I drew so You have a visual indication the relay is latched.

It is really an implementation choice, and a single diode would be the easier way to implement.

Yes, the entire purpose of the small relay in the design is to self-deactivate when you release the Go pedal.

You can just use a push button and keep your finger on it the entire time you want the big solenoid activated and the field weakening activated.

I would strongly recommend against using a toggle or latched push button to activate the Solenoid, if You were to accidentally forget it ON, the motor would behave as if it was stalled and quickly burn up with a 700 amp.

The reason I posted a link for the 3 amp diode is that I don't know what kind of solenoid You are going to use so that would be a more general option.

Just use the Solenoid and a push button to test if you Motor will respond well to the Field Weakening, You can always add the other features later if holding the button becomes inconvenient.

I hope this clears things up.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2000 ds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car