lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
ramduster
Not Yet Wild

Default New HD solenoid no click.

Put on a new HD solenoid on my cart today but do not hear a click sound when key is turned on. Cart runs fine is this normal. Also cart is 2006 PDS with an alltrax 400a controller.
ramduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: New HD solenoid no click.

The "Click" doesn't occur until you hit the "gas peddle".
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The PDS cart should click when you turn the key on, then click off a moment later. After that it should click on and off with the gas pedal.
I suspect you do not hear a click anytime? If this is the case the solenoid is always activated and it will live a short life. Disconnect the wires from one of the small terminals. Did the solenoid click? If yes you have the solenoid wired hot all the time = not correct.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
ramduster
Not Yet Wild

Scttyb I got the solenoid from you and it is indeed always activated. I disconnected the wires from the small terminals and the cart still runs. just my luck
Old 01-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramduster View Post
Scttyb I got the solenoid from you and it is indeed always activated. I disconnected the wires from the small terminals and the cart still runs. just my luck
If the cart runs with both wires disconnected from the solenoid's small terminals, the high current cables are not connected correctly.

There is the possibility that the solenoid contacts are welded closed, but have the heavy cables on the wrong terminals is more likely.

-------------
FWIW: The solenoid often clicks when a DCX controller powers up, and stay energized for a few seconds. It doesn't happen every time the DCX powers up, just most the time.

The DCX powers up when the key is ON and a Direction is selected.

-------------

If the solenoid is not clicking when the DCX powers up and/or when the pedal is pushed, that is a separate issue than the cart running without any wires connected to the solenoid's coil.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
ramduster
Not Yet Wild

I wired the new solenoid just like the old one but it never did click and ran fine. The old solenoid is still good so I put it back on and all works as it did before. I can hear the solenoid click just fine.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can we have some pictures of your solenoid wiring?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
ramduster
Not Yet Wild

This is the best pic I have it is of the old solenoid that is in the cart now and running fine. the pic does not show the diode but it does have one.IMG_20150101_083206866.jpg
Old 01-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I'm sorry I posted incorrect information. Don't ever listen to any future or past information I've ever posted on the internet. In fact.....the internet police are right outside my door....and there are small red laser dot's on my chest from guys in black opp suits so I expect...............BEEEEEEEEEPpppp pppppppppppp
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramduster View Post
I wired the new solenoid just like the old one but it never did click and ran fine. The old solenoid is still good so I put it back on and all works as it did before. I can hear the solenoid click just fine.
Disconnect the Blue and Yellow wires from the old solenoid and see if it still runs.

If it does, the high current cables are not connected properly.

If it doesn't, the new solenoid is defective.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO