lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #1
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Replacing brushes in motor ?

Working with a 2000 txt series cart... I ohm tested my motor and A1 and A2 have to much resistance..So like an idiot I buy a used motor that looked brand new and didn't bring my trusty Ohm meter along when I picked it up and the resistance is worse on that motor than my own $130 wasted.. I'm guessing usually the wires to the brushes are worn and that's why the resistance is high so replacing them should fix the problem ?? ... Any help is appreciated I'm a 50 yr old newbie to electric carts that likes to screw stuff up himself... So I usually spend a little more the first time...lol...
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replacing brushes in motor ?

Here are links to download the service and parts manuals for you cart. Both have sections for series motors.
Service: http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
Parts: http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28789-g01.pdf

New internal wires come with new brushes.

The commutator most likely needs to be cleaned and dressed also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:42 AM   #3
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JB;..... I took both motors apart the old motor was real bad the armature was stuck to the bushings and the bushings were stuck in the cages I tried loosening them but didn't want to damage them so I tried to get the armature out couldn't get that out without a press so I decided to focus on the new motor took it apart and wouldn't you know it the bushings were stuck in the cages on this one also. sitting around is not good for these motors apparently.. I got them loose and wd40 them real good cleaned them and cleaned the entire inside of the commutator she.. I now have continuity on both posts and I gave it the 12v test in the cart and she runs so now I hooked up the motor to the cart and bam it clicks but no go.. So now I can start trouble shooting solenoid and other components....I love this stuff.....lol... Really I do.... :) why else would I be up at 4:30 in the morning ....
Old 02-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yell if you need any help troubleshooting. We old fogies have to stick together.

Hint, if the solenoid clicks, the problem(s) in the high current circuit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A2 -Hi-Current traced.JPG (57.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks again JB it's awesome having guys like you on these sites... Got it figured out for now Like a dummy I was resting the pos and neg wires on the batteries just in case it caught fire ..lol... It tested good with a volt meter but didn't have enough connection to run once I tightened them up it woke up.... Thanks again JB...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO