lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2015, 06:39 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: TXT won't go need help

F&r should not prevent a powered-up alltrax from going "orange" at full throttle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
F&r should not prevent a powered-up alltrax from going "orange" at full throttle.
Would not
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #13
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Curiouser and Curiouser. I got out to the cart location on Wednesday and I checked the voltage on the black and white wires coming from the ITS and got .57 volts with the pedal up and 6 volts with the pedal down which is way different than JohhnieB's information which said I should get 10 volts with pedal up.

However, the stupid machine seems to run just fine now. I did trace the continuity of the black and white wires from the ITS box all the way to the controller and they seem to be fine even with a lot of pulling and twisting to see if there was a break in the line somewhere.

I also checked the F&R switch and it seems fine with no heat or sparking and lets the cart go forward or back as needed.

Any thoughts as to what is going on?
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Possible intermittent or poor connection in the 4 pin plug between the ITS box and controller.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #15
dvmartin
Getting Wild

The cart was still running when I tried it this weekend. Taking it for a short test drive it worked fine until it suddenly quit. I have checked the small four pin connector and it seems OK. The solenoid activates all the time so I am beginning to think that it is a flaw/weak connection in the black and white wires coming from the ITS. I don't believe a faulty ITS would give this intermittant problem. The ITS box is clean and tight. I plan to strip the black and white wires from the ITS to see if there is a bad connection there and will replace them. Hopefully that will solve it.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:04 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Historically the problem has been in the 4 pin connector or a physically damaged its wire. Keep us posted
Old 06-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #17
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I went through a problem like this for sometime. Tried everything I was told to do. I changed the ITS about a year ago and have not had a problem since.
Don't know if that was the problem are not, but it's worked so far.
Scotty ask me to hang on to the ITS for testing, not sure I still have.
Just something to try.
Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:11 PM   #18
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmartin View Post
The cart was still running when I tried it this weekend. Taking it for a short test drive it worked fine until it suddenly quit. I have checked the small four pin connector and it seems OK. The solenoid activates all the time so I am beginning to think that it is a flaw/weak connection in the black and white wires coming from the ITS. I don't believe a faulty ITS would give this intermittant problem. The ITS box is clean and tight. I plan to strip the black and white wires from the ITS to see if there is a bad connection there and will replace them. Hopefully that will solve it.
I am currently going through this exact same issue to a "T". Any updates on your progress would be great!

Without Highjacking this thread..... My cart (with same specs) runs for the first 5min or so when cool (undriven overnight) then I'm in the same predicament. Same green lights ect.... just no go.....
labatt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
dvmartin
Getting Wild

I'm going to be out of pocket for the next couple of weeks so won't be able to provide any input till then, but I will post when I find out something.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #20
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Historically the problem has been in the 4 pin connector or a physically damaged its wire. Keep us posted

This did the trick for me. Checked the wires in the four plug connection, sprayed with electrical cleaner, pushed tight together and wrapped with electrical tape. I will get another connector eventually but this seems to be the issue on my end.
It's been a full day with "no go" so I'm happy. I'll keep you updated in a few days if this fix holds true.

Thanks Scotty B,
labatt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO