lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
huntintales
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Marathon Solenoid Quag ?

Have a ezgo marathon that I rebuilt last year with the help of the best of help on here. Ok, yesterday went out for a stroll and NOTHING! I think its the Solenoid, but not sure. I jumped the old solenoid(THe two big post) and press the accelerator pedal and it ran. Then I put a + volt meter lead to the first + battery post and then the - volt meter lead to the other - post on the solenoid and it read 36 volts. I moved the negative to the other side of the solenoid to the check it and it read 0 , and also 0 when I press the accelerator. Also, I meant to mention there is no CLICK in my solenoid.

Think it is the SOLENOID, or still be something else

Thanks
huntintales is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Ezgo Marathon Solenoid Quag ?

test solenoid
Quote:
Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. remove all wires, restorer , and diode from solenoid
test 1
Connect an volt meter, set on continuity, place on the two large terminal studs. The meter should indicate no continuity, Replace the solenoid if continuity is present.
test 2
Using jumper wires attach from main positive and main negative of battery pack to the two small solenoid studs, polarity is not important. You should hear a click as the solenoid engages, and the meter should indicate continuity on the two large terminals. Replace the solenoid if continuity is not present.
if solenoid clicks rapidly solenoid is bad
Old 07-01-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
huntintales
Not Yet Wild

I followed the directions for the test. When I took all the connections off the Solenoid, I notice the diode on the two larger post was broke. I continued on with the two test. Test one according to the directions revealed no continuity.
Test 2, when I put a jumper to the two small post I heard a CLICK, but there was no continuity on the two large post. I never heard a repeated clicking. I then proceeded to fix the diode to see if this was the problem. I soldered the diode back together and put all cables back as they should and still no movement from the cart; although now when I press the accelerator I hear the normal click I am use to hearing in the solenoid. I jumped the two large post on the solenoid and it will move of course. So I am still stumped on what it could be. Test 1 makes me think its good, and test 2 reveals its bad...
Old 07-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
huntintales
Not Yet Wild

I followed the directions for the test. When I took all the connections off the Solenoid, I notice the diode on the two larger post was broke. I continued on with the two test. Test one according to the directions revealed no continuity.
Test 2, when I put a jumper to the two small post I heard a CLICK, but there was no continuity on the two large post. I never heard a repeated clicking. I then proceeded to fix the diode to see if this was the problem. I soldered the diode back together and put all cables back as they should and still no movement from the cart; although now when I press the accelerator I hear the normal click I am use to hearing in the solenoid. I jumped the two large post on the solenoid and it will move of course. So I am still stumped on what it could be. Test 1 makes me think its good, and test 2 reveals its bad...
Old 07-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #5
crash test dummy

test 2 says bad if no continuity ... it could be engaging and not making contact inside
replace Solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO