lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
DoubleSea
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 PDS trying to stop and go at the same time

I have a lifted 2005 pds with a 400 amp alltrax controller and a stock regen motor and brand new batteries. It rides good around the neighborhood (1 mile or less), but on longer trips it gives me fits. Seems to momentarily lose power randomly. The longer I drive, the worse it gets. Last night, after about 2-3 miles it stopped completely. The best way I can describe it is that it is trying to brake and go forward at the same time. Luckily, it stopped close to the house. By the time I pushed it home (5 minutes), it ran fine. Shot temps on motor....some around 185 degrees.
DoubleSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2015, 07:08 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 PDS trying to stop and go at the same time

Check for worn-through insulation on the F1 & F2 cables.

What is the tire height?

You might be bumping into thermal shutdown on the controller.
Record a data log and see what the controller temperature is climbing to and check if any error flags are being set.

Also, check for the LED on the controller flashing red when cart is misbehaving.

185°F is within the motor's normal operating range. The max recommended motor case temperature is 115°C (239°F) for Class-H motors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Worn field wire insulation.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:06 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you post pics of the controller installation ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: 2005 PDS trying to stop and go at the same time

Check the ITS sensor in the pedal box. Sounds similar to a problem I had with my cart. My cart would stop and go and was surging sometimes while driving. Cart also would just stop sometimes and after sitting for a while would run again. Seemed to progressively get worse with time. It was a bad ITS sensor. I replaced that and my cart is running great again. Put your cart in diagnostic mode and see what codes it gives you when this occurs. Does the solenoid click when this happens? My cart was giving a high pedal disable code. Instructions posted in the stickys on testing the ITS.
Blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #5
DoubleSea
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, everyone for replies. Working on checking some of the things that have been suggested and posting pic of controller. Forgot to mention......regen braking quit working about the same time all my issues started. May be part of the puzzle?
DoubleSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO