lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2000 cc ds

OK I will try to keep it more direct instead of babbling, we have got a 2000 CC DS (modA0026) customer says it runs when it wants to. I think I seen this before a bad micro-switch on the mcor. wrong there is no mcor. however there was a micro-switch in the throttle assembly, so I jumpered them, by-passing the micro-switch but still no go, I made several checks and the micro-switch is BAD, I took the bed off so I could get to the controller and I see it has a ALLTRAX NPX4834, cc5k-0 I was not getting any led I saw on the website it had a led. I will be reading about codes. so I started check to see if controller was powered up. I ended up by-passing the micro-switch again and when solenoid engaged I got a green led on the controller. when I turn the key on with m/s bypassed I get 7 green blinks the a pause then solid green. But cart still does not move. (It is jacked up) any suggestions. ? Thanks
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 cc ds

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...X-Mini-Man.pdf

& green means it's a clubcar set up and then the solid means it's ready to run,...

LED Status Indicator
LED Blink Codes
:

At power up, # of green blinks indicates
configured throttle type:
1 Green = 0-5k
4 Green = EZ-GO inductive (ITS)
7 Green = CLUBCAR 5K-0, 3-wire
Normal display status
:

Solid Green: Controller ready to run
Solid Red: Controller in programming mode
Solid Yellow: Controller throttle is wide
open, controller is supplying max output,
and is not in current limit.
Trouble Shooting
Error code display:#
of RED blinks

indicates any error conditions that might
exist:
1 Red = Throttle Position Sensor Over
Range. Check for open wires.
2 Red = Under Temperature. Controller
below -25C
3 Red = HPD. Throttle hasn't gone to
zero during this power on cycle.
4 Red = Over Temperature. Controller
over 95C
5 Red = unused
6 Red = Battery Under Voltage detected.
Battery V < under voltage slider
7 Red = Battery Over Voltage detected.
Battery V > over-voltage slide
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that info, I saw that and I know the 7 blinks are right then solid green. Controller is ready to go BUT cart would not go. ?? I have to make a new correction, We had to remove a battery to get the side of the throttle assembly off to get to the m/s. I swear on a stack of bibles I saw the blue wire (hot) on the top small stud of the m/s and the green wire was on the second (right below the blue wire) on the m/s. AND that is where I was reading trying to get ohm when m/s closed. however when we got the m/s out I went to test 2 other m/s dad had on the bench, and they both tested bad. Dad said BS they are good and he put a meter lead on the very bottom stud on common and the other lead on normal open and then moved lead to normal closed and m/s tested good. so we checked original m/s again and it was good also. SO either it was never hooked up right or I messed up. I would say I goofed SORRY. So with everything back the way it was supposed to be cart still did not move, but we tugged on the wires going to controller while hold go pedal down and the blasted cart started working. We did tighten up on all the spade connections to the Controller and now it has not shut off since then. I wonder if a loose connection was the problem all along.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well so much for the loose wire theory. We rode the cart around today and it quit again, then it started after 3 or 4 minutes, then it quit, and has not run since. I will get a cable and try reading the Controller tomorrow, but I am wondering why it is giving us a solid green light and the cart not running.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK went fishing sunday, and Monday was Bowling night. So where we are is, I got the USB to DB9 cable, so I can try to read the Alltrax Controller, if nothing else just to learn and do it,. Almost thinking loose or bad connection, MAYBE. I want to see what the controller reads and compare it to what it is supposed to read. and to see exactly what it is reading, So I could determine why it can give me a good to go light and the cart not go. But, Since I have been goofing off, and the cart did start when we were tugging on some wires around the controller. Dad took the cart for a ride, and it did quit again. so he has cleaned the B- post and nut and bolt and all terminals connecting to it. as well as check all the pins and Ohms and volts to it and thru it, also checked all connections everywhere. He is Very confident that the cart is now ready to give back to the customer, because we have not been able to get it to quit again. BUT the cart has been jacked up, so tomorrow we will jack it down and drive it around and see what happens, while I am at work, so when I get home if it is running great, However like I said, I still want to try and hook laptop up and see how it works and if it is not working maybe I will see something. Any suggestions what I could be looking for ?
Old 11-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well we found a bad sonic weld (splice) we repaired that, and we could not get the cart to quit running. We rode it for maybe 3 hrs total. so we returned it to the customer. After a few days I called to see how it was doing and he told me it has quit on him just a couple of times. He said when he gets on it and presses the go pedal it goes and runs fine until he needs to slow down and speed up fluctuating speed and also when he was just putting along. I guess that is when he noticed it was quitting on him. when we had the cart I was going to try and read the controller and I realized that this controller is not programmable so all I can do is rely on the lights. The only problem I saw was that I do not get the orange light when the throttle is fully depressed. I get a ohm reading of 5k and when fully depressed it only drops to around 700, But I looked at the wiper on the throttle control and it is not going all the way so I manually pushed the wiper that last 1/2 inch and the ohms dropped to 0. So I guess the reason for not getting the orange light is because it is not registering full throttle. My question is will this (Vglide) throttle assembly with the micro switch cause the intermittent shutting down, kind of like the MCOR does ? Thanks for any assistance. The customer is about 80 yrs old and I don't want him to be out on his property and the cart quit on him and then he has to walk. Thanks Again.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #7
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmm Did I make ya'll mad ? I sure hope not. I didn't mean to if I did. Maybe someone could answer this question. On this type of AllTrax controller, the NPX non programmable, what all is it checking before I get the 7 green blinks and then the solid green ? The reason I asked is we talked to the user (who still has the cart and says it has not quit on him the last few times he has used the cart) but it never has quit while it is running, it only happens when you try to start either the very first time for the day, or after going and stopping, it won't start again. and when it will not go we still get solenoid engaged and power to the controller and a solid green light on the controller. So I am wondering does the controller actually do a self test on itself before giving a green light or does it give a green light just because it is getting power. If it is the latter I am wondering if his controller might be going out ? Thanks again
Old 11-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #8
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmm No guesses ??? or Opinions ?
Old 11-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You didn't make me mad, I didn't know this thread existed.

I have zero experience with aftermarket Alltrax controllers. Hopefully someone with knowledge on this will chime in shortly...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
You didn't make me mad, I didn't know this thread existed.

I have zero experience with aftermarket Alltrax controllers. Hopefully someone with knowledge on this will chime in shortly...
Same here. That's why I didn't reply.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car