lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Odd quirk after switching to DPI charger

So, a month or so ago I went to a DPI Accusense charger on my 10 CC DS. Did the bypass and all works great. However, I noticed an odd thing going on now. When I go out to my garage and unplug the charger, I have to wait about 20 seconds before the cart will move. If I just unplug, jump in, turn the key and hit the pedal... nothing. Wait approx. 20 seconds and hit the pedal and I'm off and running. Doesn't matter if I leave the cart in tow or run while charging. In N,R, or F either. This all started when I bypassed and went DPI. Thoughts?
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Odd quirk after switching to DPI charger

Did you completely bypass and/or remove the OBC or did you just reroute the charging wire? Guessing that your Controller may be going into sleep mode....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #3
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Did you completely bypass and/or remove the OBC or did you just reroute the charging wire? Guessing that your Controller may be going into sleep mode....
I just connected the negative from the charger inlet to the negative on battery 6. So, sleep mode is normal and nothing to worry about?
Old 12-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
I just connected the negative from the charger inlet to the negative on battery 6. So, sleep mode is normal and nothing to worry about?
Well I don't really know what "normal" is.... But my cart with Curtis controller does the same thing and I did the same as you in that all I did was reroute the charge wire....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

One incidence equals unusual. Two equals normal...LOL. As long as it's not a sign of me doing something wrong or something failing on the cart, I'm happy. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You only bypassed a part of the OBC functions, You still need to bypass the lockout circuit which is what is causing that delay.

On a DS IQ You need to connect the Blue and White wires at the OBC 6-pin connector together.

Just disconnect the OBC 6-pin connector, cut the Blue and White wires and taped them together.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #7
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You only bypassed a part of the OBC functions, You still need to bypass the lockout circuit which is what is causing that delay.

On a DS IQ You need to connect the Blue and White wires at the OBC 6-pin connector together.

Just disconnect the OBC 6-pin connector, cut the Blue and White wires and taped them together.
Thanks Sergio. I didn't see that listed as part of the bypass procedure. Maybe I was reading how to do it on an older cart. So, just disconnect the harness, cut the two wires off the harness, and tie them together? Sounds easy. Just want to verify...
Old 12-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBC itself is what is going to sleep, controllers don't to that.

On the DS IQ cart (as well as the Precedent IQ and Excell), the OBC provides a low current +48v signal to the Controller on the Blue wire when it is OK to drive.

The Tow/Run switch provides +48v to the OBC White wire when the switch is on Run.

If Your OBC is working, I would remove it and sell it, otherwise just unplug it.

Just cut the Blue and White wires on the harness side of the 6-pin connector and splice + tape them together.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
taken
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ah, so unplug, tie the two wires together and leave unplugged. Then pull the OBC and sell on eBay. Yes, it was working when I went to the DPI from my PD3. Anything else I have to do relating to pulling the OBC? What's it worth?
Old 12-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

A quick search on eBay shows the used ones for around $150.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car