lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
RivBayBuilders@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2000.5 Electric Club Car locks up wheels

My 2000.5 Club Car began to lock up the wheels when I only touched the brake pedal. After 4 or 5 times of this, it lurched to a sudden stop and would not run - forward or reverse. It is NOT the actual brakes. They work fine and the cart rolls easily. My cart has the TOW switch under the seat and it is not IQ - it is ReGen, I believe. The motor was replaced before I got it with a Blue Motor.

What caused this problem and what do I need to replace to fix it? I guessed the controller but this is outside my expertise.
RivBayBuilders@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2016, 10:29 PM   #2
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000.5 Electric Club Car locks up wheels

Check the install and contact points on the motor. If they were reversed it could cause serious issues with a regen system. Also check the tension on the brake lines. I'm sure others here can offer additional insight. Sounds to me like some wires got crossed somewhere and the motor seized or is fighting to turn the proper direction. Could be gear linkage perhaps too but with the level of stresses not usually seen in carts, it would not be my first guess.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:32 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The left side solenoid coil is likely broken.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
RivBayBuilders@aol.com
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The cart was functioning perfectly for at least 6 months of daily operation and was never worked on during that time. The brakes still function perfectly and the cart rolls easily. This has to be an electrical problem.
RivBayBuilders@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:32 AM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The left side solenoid coil is likely broken.
Your cart is likely a Regen 2. It has a solenoid and wire resistor (coil) which are meant to dissipate the harsh deceleration that would occur if that solenoid or coil have been compromised. Find your wiring diagram in the ones available HERE (Club Car DS Regen 1999-2002 Wiring Diagram).

If your dynamic braking resistor or solenoid have failed (easy to spot - its a solenoid on the frame with a big wire coil attached) - then just lifting your foot from the pedal at full speed would cause an extremely rapid deceleration (eg. nose almost hits windshield). You can confirm if this is the issue simply by unplugging the sensor/connector which is on the end of your motor, which will make your cart feel almost normal again.

EDIT: But disconnecting the sensor will not fix a non-running cart. That is something else. Years ago...shortly before my original controller failed on my REGEN-1, I was getting occasional sporadic harsh braking. Eventually the cart stopped working altogether.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #6
Ssharpy
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2002 cc ds 48v

Locks up in wet grass and sometimes when I tap brake pedal

I can't seem to find a dynamic braking sensor/resistor and also no speed magnet on end of motor. It just started doing this recently all of a sudden.....
Ssharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a wiring diagram for a Regen 2 with DB solenoid.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2000 Club Car Wiring Schematic with wire details.pdf (854.0 KB, 0 views)
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car