lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking to add an on board charger

Lester has always made a great on-board charger but until recently the cost was double what a stand-alone charger costs. Lester has a long reputation for quality products.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #12
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does the Lester go into a float or trickle charge mode after charge? I really like being able to walk by my cart and seeing the gauge on 52.9v.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:56 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTPIT HC View Post
Does the Lester go into a float or trickle charge mode after charge? I really like being able to walk by my cart and seeing the gauge on 52.9v.
From the owners manual:
10.3 Storage Mode Operation
1. Storage Mode is designed to keep your battery maintained during storage periods that last a few weeks to several months at a time.
2. Depending on the battery type, a storage charge can be a continuous float or a periodic charge mode.
3. Do NOT disconnect the charger from the battery or from the AC power while your machine is not being used Disconnecting and reconnecting the charger from the batteries or AC power may start a charge cycle, but disconnection disrupts the storage mode so optimum battery maintenance is not achieved.
4. After several months of storage your batteries should be serviced and the charger reset by disconnecting the DC for Off-Board or the AC for On-Board applications (disconnect AC for a minimum of 10 minutes) before continuing another storage season..

However, there are numerous references to available features that must be programmed into the charger and since I see no user program instruction, I'm wondering if programming is restricted to manufacture or distributor?

I'm currently testing this 2800 model Summit charger on my ezgo. We are a little delayed in delivering results to you all because we discovered the Safety interlock does not work automatically with the Ezgo or the Alltrax control.
I'm waiting on a few small parts to make more tests.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #14
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was unsure after looking at that if that was an automatic function after each charge like the DPI or if you had to set it specifically to storage mode? Thanks
Old 10-04-2016, 04:18 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It looks like the exact post-charge functionality (float or refresh) depends on the "Battery charge Profile" loaded on the charger.

Lester mentions it can be changed with the "LE programming module or laptop/PC".

Other than what battery chemistry the profile is for, I cannot find any additional description of the complete functionality of a profile.

Can You get that from the Lester technical folks Scottyb?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:18 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We will know more in a few weeks if you can wait.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:09 PM   #17
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car