lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
Cherig
Not Yet Wild

Default Frame Question

Hey everyone, I am relatively new to the site and bought a 04 precedent for $500. It looked like it was in pretty good shape for the money. The guy just wanted out of his garage. It had old Walmart deep cycle batteries that where dead and leaked acid. Well when I was taking the cart apart I found a hole in the frame that I am not sure if I should fix or weld over or its ok to just leave alone. The cart is just going to be used for a neighborhood cart. I want to put a 6in lift, larger tires, and backseat on it. It will not really be off road that often. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4526.JPG (124.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4528.JPG (97.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4527.JPG (92.6 KB, 0 views)
Cherig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Frame Question

I would fix it for sure, the weight of the batteries and passengers could cause problems if you don't.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

yea definitely fix it, like Nsane said the battery weight is a couple hundred pounds, and add in passengers. Just remember its an Aluminum frame. And is case your not sure Trojan batteries are the way to go, little more then some, but well worth it. You got a good deal on it even with junk batteries.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
Cherig
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys for the advice. I do think I still got a good deal on the cart. I am for sure going to put Trojan batteries back into it.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Consider this, that is a big hole in the top of the frame caused by long term battery acid corrosion. Once the acid ate a hole into the top of the frame where do you think the acid was now going? Inside of the frame and anywhere gravity allowed it to creep. I'd be very suspect of the integrity of that entire section of frame... Not something I would trust going much faster than a walking pace or with family members...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

As labor intensive as this sounds, you may want to consider stripping that entire cart down to the frame and reinforcing it then reassembling. Teecro makes a good point...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #7
Cherig
Not Yet Wild

I agree that I need to fixed the issue. I did not think about where the acid went after the hole was opened up makes since if could have gone anywhere. Any suggestions on how you guys would reinforce the frame?
Old 10-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #8
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would take it to a welding shop
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car