lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #1
EricNCSU1204
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2012 precedent- no power

So long story short, I installed a voltage reducer on my new 2012 precedent excel drive. All accessories on the voltage reducer work fine, but when I hit the gas pedal, I get nothing.

tow/run switch is on run, key is on, F/R switch is in F or R and batteries are brand new trojans and all register 8.4-8.5 volts each.

When i put the P/N leads of my multimeter across the pack I get 0 volts.

The charger does kick on when plugged in.

I tried resetting the OBC by following the sepex instructions in the sticky and still nothing.

When I was doing all of my wiring and installation, the cart was switched to Tow, but I accidentally let the negative cable terminal for one of the batteries touch the pos and it arced for just a second and I don't know if this messed something up. Other than that, I am at a loss here and have a brand new (to us) cart sitting in our garage that won't move. Hoping to have this fixed by morning before wifey finds out.

Last question is can I just take it to my dealer and have them plug it into their scanner to see what's wrong with it?
EricNCSU1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2012 precedent- no power

If you have zero volts when checking from pack negative to pack positive, you likely have an open circuit in the pack wires. Double check all your connections on the batteries. Make sure they are all connected. Take a pic of the cable layout on the pack and post it please.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
The Big Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
EricNCSU1204
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I double checked all connections and they are all tight. Here is a picture of the pack:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5045.jpg (105.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #4
EricNCSU1204
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

So apparently when you accidentally pop the terminal off the back of the key switch you get 0 across the pack. I reconnected and now everything works. Sorry for my idiot post but hope it can help someone else in this situation.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

haha! It's happened to me.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car