lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default New Batteries, New MCOR, Same Problem

Well Gents, Im in need of some input! I have a 2005 Precedent with a Serial number starting in PQ. I bought this cart a year and a half ago to use on our golf course and have done a lot of upgrades. For the first time I am running into a problem that I cannot diagnose. I was due for new batteries about 3 months ago, so I replaced those with 1275 Trojans. At the same time I bought a DPI Accusense charger, and went ahead with the OBC bypass. Until last week the only issue I had was the battery light comes on when I am at WOT. I have a Scotty B voltage meter so I know I have good pack voltage, so it is more of an annoyance than anything. However last week an issued started that when I am on a downhill and begin to let off of the gas pedal to slow down, the cart will start beeping and begin coming to a stop. If I let all of the way off the pedal and re-engage it it will take off again. I mentioned this to my local golf cart shop and they thought it sounded like an MCOR, so I replaced it. I did notice that my pedal is a lot smoother and responsive, so I am glad I replaced it, but it did not solve my problem. I need help with the two questions:

- Is my OEM stock Curtis Controller finally taking a sh*t on me and need to replaced?
- Why is the battery light coming on at full speed since the OBC bypass?

As always, any help is appreciated!
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: New Batteries, New MCOR, Same Problem

What did you do to by pass the obc. Sounds to me like it is still partly operating.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #3
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like "Regen braking" is kicking in
or something in speed sensor area is intermittent
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...nsor-test.html

OBC controls this light
OBC is still sensing the battery usage, but it's confused since you have bypassed it & are using a charger that thinks for itself ,
maybe shutting off sooner than the OBC wants it to.
Did you follow the bypass the OBC bypass for your year/model ? :
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...excel-obc.html
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

I believe I followed the OBC instructions correctly. I ran the negative from the charger receptacle to my pack negative (it is the black wire connected to the red wire). Then I spliced the blue and white wires together on the male side of the connector. (Pic 1). I have also included a pic of my motor since it is a D&D and not the stock motor for any questions regarding the speed sensor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0115.JPG (43.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0116.JPG (39.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0117.JPG (38.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.JPG (44.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Did you splice the blue wire and white wire together, but leave the OBC plugged in? You're supposed to un-plug the six pin connector and leave it unplugged. The battery light gets its power from the brown wire in the six pin OBC connector. If it was unplugged, there's no way that light will work unless you've got it improperly wired to something else. As for the behavior of your cart, it sounds like you've either got a bad connection on your key switch or an intermittent speed sensor failure. Check the connection on the back of the key switch. Make sure it's good and secure. This is exactly how the vehicle will behave if you're driving down the road and turn off the key.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #6
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

David, thanks for the reply. I did leave the harness plugged in, I will go unplug that now! As for the key switch, I will check that connection as well and let you know what I find. Thanks guys! If all of this is connected properly, could this be the beginning of my controller going out?
Old 04-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Its not the controller going out
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:03 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Doubtful. Generally when the controller has an issue, it will power-down. The controller is maintaining power throughout this entire process. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be providing motor braking or a beep signal to the buzzer. I think a speed sensor is the most likely culprit.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #9
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Alright, unplugged the harness going to the OBC (I'm an idiot), and pulled my dash and checked the connection. They seemed pretty good, but I will find out tomorrow when I scoot out for an early evening 9. As for the speed sensor, if it is bad do you guys know what sensor my D&D motor uses? Is it something stock, or will it need to come from D&D?
Old 04-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwc1621 View Post
Alright, unplugged the harness going to the OBC (I'm an idiot), and pulled my dash and checked the connection. They seemed pretty good, but I will find out tomorrow when I scoot out for an early evening 9. As for the speed sensor, if it is bad do you guys know what sensor my D&D motor uses? Is it something stock, or will it need to come from D&D?
I'm pretty sure it's the same one that's found on the Admiral motors. They're readily available.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car