lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Charger info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
Just want to be sure I am understanding the transformer voltage test correctly... leads unhooked at diodes, measure voltage at black leads on fuse? Also... just directly bypass the relay and wire ac input (circled in green) to transformer lead? (Circled in blue)
Your first pic does depict the fuse.

Your second pic does depict the AC coming from the cord, but I cannot tell which wire from your pic is going to your transformer. Just trace it out.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #22
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Charger turns on and hums right? I would have bypassed the OBC and see if the needle on the charger moves. Id say chances are good OBC is bad. By pass is a 2 minute check
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #23
Chris M
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to check the transformer before I put the charger back together, but how would I bypass OBC?
Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
I'm going to check the transformer before I put the charger back together, but how would I bypass OBC?
This is the basic method used just to test the charger..... Look for the fuse on the back of the charger receptacle that you normally plug the charger pigtail into. Find the black wire that comes from the fuse and runs to the OBC (may run inside the harness for the OBC). Run a 10 gauge jumper wire from that same place (OBC side of the fuse) and to the main pack negative (-) battery post and plug the charger in and see if it turns on. If it does and the charger shows amperage then the OBC is bad.

No need to remove anything, just run the jumper and test the charging circuit.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #25
Chris M
Not Yet Wild

Can someone please confirm my findings? With relay bypassed as shown in first picture transformer turns on and hums. White transformer leads disconnected from diodes, reading taken at back of DC output fuse (posts circled in red) I am registering NO AC voltage. My transformer is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1500807835615-921909385.jpg (230.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-07-22 22.34.49.jpg (241.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-23-2017, 07:23 AM   #26
Chris M
Not Yet Wild

I must have done something wrong in transformer test. OBC bypass has it charging at 20A. This site has been such a great help to me as I have recently purchased 2 carts with charger trouble.... can someone recommend a site sponsor that could sell me a replacement for the OBC?
Old 07-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Go look at post number 7 or http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #28
Chris M
Not Yet Wild

Would it be safe to charge with bypass in place for a few hours to bring batteries back up? Just don't want to leave them sitting discharged.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Would it be safe to charge with bypass in place for a few hours to bring batteries back up? Just don't want to leave them sitting discharged.
Yes it would and yes you should. Just go out after a few hours and check the pack voltage. Once you are anywhere between 61-63 volts, turn it off.

And yes, Revolution Golf Cars - David Hicks can fix you up on Monday. Just give him a call and tell him you need some "brotherly love!!"
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car