lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
Doc
Gone Wild

Default Are These Reducers Any Good?

I'm adding headlights to my '13 Precedent and need to get a voltage reducer...anyone have opinions on this type? TIA! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supernight-1...QAAOSwDNdV1oof
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Are These Reducers Any Good?

You get what you pay for. In this case, you won't get much. Some people have great success with el-cheapo units like that but they come with zero support. Instead, fork over a few bucks more and buy from one of the site sponsors. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html has everything you need plus the help to put it all together.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
fldoghunter
Not Yet Wild

I bought one that looks like that but it's a 20 amp one. Working good so far, but it's only been hooked up for 4 days or so. I wired it through a relay from the key switch.
fldoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #4
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have one on two carts that are over a year old,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150808_161817.jpg (926.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150808_161846.jpg (871.6 KB, 0 views)
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

It depends on what you want to hook up to the convert. Do you think you'll ever want to run more than just headlights?

If so, 10a might no be able to handle all the accessories you want to hook up. I'd look towards a 30amp for piece of mind and use one of our site sponsors. The price comes with more than just the product, it comes with great customer service.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/_p...mp---universal
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #6
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
It depends on what you want to hook up to the convert. Do you think you'll ever want to run more than just headlights?

If so, 10a might no be able to handle all the accessories you want to hook up. I'd look towards a 30amp for piece of mind and use one of our site sponsors. The price comes with more than just the product, it comes with great customer service.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/_p...mp---universal

I have a cheapy like Doc is considering (but a 30A model) and I have wired it through a relay and the key. I've had it for about 6 months now and it has been great. I have no illusions about it and am prepared to take the risk.

A much less risky proposition is to do as suggested above. The site sponsors will not only sell you a known product but will also back it up with advice and service. Also, when it comes down to it, the more expensive product from them, which has a trigger wire, is not that much more than buying the cheapy and a good 48V relay.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #7
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I agree with the above comments. I have one of ScottyB's reducers with the trigger wire. The whole thing is ran through a Blue Sea 6 position fuse block. I have a deluxe headlight kit w/ tail, turns and horn, a 36" LED light bar, two LED cube lights, LED Underbody lights, a cig. adapter, and all that has never phased the unit I got from him. In the grand scheme of it all it's not much money for reliable peace of mind.
ecaldwell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaldwell78 View Post
I agree with the above comments. I have one of ScottyB's reducers with the trigger wire. The whole thing is ran through a Blue Sea 6 position fuse block. I have a deluxe headlight kit w/ tail, turns and horn, a 36" LED light bar, two LED cube lights, LED Underbody lights, a cig. adapter, and all that has never phased the unit I got from him. In the grand scheme of it all it's not much money for reliable peace of mind.
What brand of underbody lights did you use?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car