lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #21
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Price range for a 2003-05 series drive Club Car DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Clearly, cart prices vary much based on supply and demand. If your location has only a few for sale, the price skyrockets.

Three years ago I began seriously looking for an older cart just to drive around the neighborhood. I didn't have any brand favorites or required options. Just a golf cart!

I found several within 50 miles, mostly on Craigslist in Jacksonville, Fl. Prices that I checked out ranged from a low of $1400 to a high of $3500.
The $1400.00 one was only 4 years old with new batteries, an EZGO. I jumped at it only to learn it was a misprinted ad. It was supposed to be $3400.

I found a 1976 EZGO just 10 minutes from my house on Craigslist for $1300 with 4 new batteries and 2 good ones. This was not a bidding option, but a firm price which turned into a bidding war by email.

I jumped on it as did many other buyers. It sold in one day for something over $2000. to the highest bidder. I was notified by email of that just 2 hours after offering $1500.00.

I finally found my 1999 CC DS, completely stock with almost 4 year old batteries at a feed dealer. He wanted $2000. for it. Two weeks later it still sat on the lot. Many people looked at it but no offers.

I offered $1850. if he agreed to replace one front end bushing and he accepted. It was not a very good deal on my part, but that is how it goes around here. If you can find one you like at ANY price, chalk it up to supply and demand and learn to be happy with the purchase.

EVEN IF YOU NEED TO SPEND ANOTHER $2500.00 ON IT TO MAKE IT RIGHT WITHOUT EVEN NEW BATTERIES!
Agreed - Point and case. And use Jax locations also....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith294 View Post
Well, I checked the CL ads for Louisville and environs, and saw nothing I thought would qualify as a decent deal. Even lousy carts were over $2k, and most decent carts were over $3k. Ez-Go (IMO not suitable for use on the island due to the potential for frame corrosion) seems to be the cart of choice around here, and there seems to be an inordinate number of gas cart (not permitted on the island). It also looks like several people are buying up used carts, slapping on a $200 lift kit, $400 wheel set, and $600-700 in cheap batteries and trying to resell for $3500+.
Yep. As I mentioned and others... You need to try and find a remote area or your local gold course and catch some that are going out for replacement. You will find one, just takes time.... (and time and time!)
Old 11-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #23
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith294 View Post
It's amazing, CC seems to outnumber EzGo by about 5:1 on the island, yet there is a golf cart junk/parts enclosure where the ratio seems reversed. The CCs just don't seem to die, even in that harsh environment.
The biggest difference is the sturdy aluminum frames.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #24
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah aluminum frame is really nice. Yamaha tubular frame design is pretty tough too
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #25
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

I would surely stick with Club Car. My last CC was 21 years old when I sold it and the frame looked like new, you won't hear many ez goers say that.
Check craigslist towns between your 2 homes. You might find something you could buy on your way to Fla. The deals are out there, you have to look hard.
The 06 Ds I'm building now cost me $100, I expect it to bring $3.5K, but my builds are a little different. I tear it down to the frame and replace all hardware with stainless, new Trojans all new wiring tinned marine grade, rhino line battery tray, among other things.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #26
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

My neighborhood has 750+ private carts. 90% of them are club cars. The rest are either Yamaha or new ego RXV's. The people seem to like the a/c RXV system's power up the golf course hills. I have always stuck with club car because any used ezgo I have tried to buy usually had frame rust because the prior owner overfilled the batteries. Wasn't worth the hassle to fix up. The royal rides I used to redo on a 1980 club car frame looked brand new compared to some of the ezgo's. On Captiva island(great place btw) with the salt air I would only look at club car in my opinion. I'll keep my eyes out for you.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #27
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wish I lived a little closer I have a 2003 DS with plumquick bandit and rebuilt 400A controller for sale for 1000 just needs new batts. It is the one in my avatar minus the rims and tires when they wore out i put regular tires back on it.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #28
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
Wish I lived a little closer I have a 2003 DS with plumquick bandit and rebuilt 400A controller for sale for 1000 just needs new batts. It is the one in my avatar minus the rims and tires when they wore out i put regular tires back on it.
I'll betcha jsmith294 will make that trip to Mississippi for THAT deal!

I know I would..........hmmm.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:27 AM   #29
jsmith294
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddog View Post
I would surely stick with Club Car. My last CC was 21 years old when I sold it and the frame looked like new, you won't hear many ez goers say that.
Check craigslist towns between your 2 homes. You might find something you could buy on your way to Fla. The deals are out there, you have to look hard.
The 06 Ds I'm building now cost me $100, I expect it to bring $3.5K, but my builds are a little different. I tear it down to the frame and replace all hardware with stainless, new Trojans all new wiring tinned marine grade, rhino line battery tray, among other things.
Muddog, hardware replacement with SS is a great approach to a rebuild. You probably shouldn't replace grade 8 bolts with SS (too much loss of strength), but a huge number of fasteners are used for "assembly" joints that just hold things together and don't transfer too much load. It seems I have to use a grinding wheel on half the nuts and bolts I try to remove. If it's not suspension related, I replace fasteners with 316 (marine grade) stainless (in my experience 304 SS, especially if the steel came from China, is stainless in name only). It would be nice if somebody went through the DS parts list and came up with a SS fastener kit or even parts list so we could purchase everything at one time.
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:28 AM   #30
jsmith294
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
I'll betcha jsmith294 will make that trip to Mississippi for THAT deal!

I know I would..........hmmm.
Dang, that's just what I'm looking for!
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car