lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Torn... Gas or Electric

Found a 08 Club Car DS Gas for $1600
...2 seater w/ cargo bed

then someone contacts me today selling

a 01 Club Car DS 48v Electric for $1500
...batteries are 2 y/o comes with charger
...4 seater

Both are in good shape, both run and no rips or tears in seats, roof solid, a few scratches.

Which way to go ?? was leaning towards the gas...
tons of pros n cons on each so

Also like the Club Cars, unless a Yamaha is a better choice ?? Tons of aftermarket for them all... seems to be a personal preference no brand :p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48V 2001 Club Car 4 01.jpg (54.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 48V 2001 Club Car 4 03.jpg (90.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg GAS 2008 Club Car 2 01.jpg (77.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg GAS 2008 Club Car 2 05.jpeg (111.9 KB, 0 views)
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2017, 10:29 PM   #2
BlueandWhiteRV
WE ARE! PENN STATE!

Club Car

Default Re: Torn... Gas or Electric

I went with electric when I got one. Some campgrounds only want electric. I love my Club Car.
BlueandWhiteRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #3
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

I like electric because there is less maintenance, no noise and no smell to deal with. Unless you have a really hilly terrain that you are driving it in, I say go electric.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:19 AM   #4
Dlab
Gone Wild

Love my sparkie. 01 DS coil cart which I converted to solid state/48 volt/beast motor. Tons of torque, runs 20mph+, and is quiet. Motor options out there to get 30 mph+ if that's what I wanted.........there's just something about that quiet power that makes it fun. Also fun when you surprise your buddy with how peppy your electric cart is!

I vote sparkie
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Really depends on how you're going to use it. Everything that's been said so far is true: electrics are smooth, quiet, don't require tune up and oil change services, and some areas don't even allow gas carts. So check the rules where you intend to use it.
A gas cart has much longer range on a tank of gas (150+ miles) than an electric has on a charge (maybe 40 depending on conditions) so how far you need to go matters. Hills matter too. Gas carts will slow down a little, but electrics will slow more - and have decreased range.
All that said I've got 2 gas & 1 electric myself.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #6
foodaba@juno.com
Getting Wild

my community allows both.......... i repair electric golf carts......
not good with gas motors..... main issue with gas (i tell customers)
harder to resell...... not as popular,,,,,
foodaba@juno.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Resale also depends where you are. Our camp (and the shop) are in a lake / recreational area. Because of the hills from the lakefronts and the desire to drive to, from & around the local cart friendly towns gas carts here are more than 10 to 1 over electrics. Here the gas carry a significant price premium over electric.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have both. During the day the gas are the go toos and we pretty much use them most of the day. Electric is nice at night but obviously no where near the range. As for maintenance I think the electric requires more. With the gas I check the oil once a week maybe and change the oil and plug once a year. Half hour tops.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #9
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

seems like BOTH Club Cars are highly up gradable and modifiable !!
tons of aftermarket parts, pieces, etc... most are the same minus electric/ gas parts

I am mechanically inclined, so not scare of gas engines or electric for that matter. look at it like a large scale RC car i have built, raced, and modified :) plus been restoring a 1929 4 dr Chevrolet the last 4+ years so... I have no problem tearing something apart, cleaning it up fixing it, then putting it back together !! (then pray it works )

plan on cleaning it up, going over it and fixing things that need fixing, double check wiring , add a flip rear seat, as i volunteer so will be transporting people on the rear at times, but will also use it to move things around the fields when i volunteer. Then tinkering with it and upgrading. figure a nice 4-6" lift, tires and rims, upgrade lighting to LED (if available), who knows what else. will be my play toy once i am done restoring my 1929.
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #10
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

i was in the market for a gas cart for the range, until i was given an electric club car
once you go electric you'll never go back :D

electric is always in stealth mode and rarely needs any attention other than plugging in the charger
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car