lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
bucadam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default battery diagram for electric 36v ezgo 1985

Just bought a 1985 textron and was told that it just needs new batteries.Tested all batteries with multiteste and they are all reading a little over 6 volts.She said that one of them were bad and had someone bypass one battery and she said it ran for a liitle while and then stopped running.I want to double check and see if batteries are hooked up correctly at this point.The battery she bypasses is not in the cart,she gave it to me seperately.Thank You in advance
bucadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Doctord
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery diagram for electric 36v ezgo 1985

Lots of info already in here, just have to search for it! Wiring diagrams are here for almost any cart.
Doctord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

this should be it

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"

Welcome to BGW!

Here's a link to a wiring diagram that should be fairly close to the cart you have: (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...html#post62377). That's a place to start when you're making sure the wiring is correct.

Basic battery info:

You'll want to put a full charge on your batteries. If you have an old style charger (one with a 12 hour timer), plug it into the cart, set the timer, and let it charge for the full 12 hours. If you have a newer charger, it should charge the batteries to full (at least, as full as they can get!) then shut itself off.

Wait 12 hours AFTER a full charge, and record the entire pack's voltage, and the voltages for individual 6V batteries. I've attached a graphic to this post of JohnnieB's state of charge table. It's a very good resource that you can use to see how well your batteries are doing. After a full charge, compare the numbers in his table to the results you get.

There are a couple of other posts in the stickys at the top of the Electric EZGO forum you can use to learn about batteries, charging, testing, etc. Dig around there to find what you need, and post back here if you're still lost.

Finally, ScottyB and JohnnieB are the local uber-geniuses when it comes to chargers, batteries, and carts in general. They'll likely come along and answer any questions you may have. In all likelyhood, they've ALREADY answered your questions in someone else's thread .

Again, welcome to BGW, you came to the right place!

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucadam View Post
Just bought a 1985 textron and was told that it just needs new batteries.Tested all batteries with multiteste and they are all reading a little over 6 volts.She said that one of them were bad and had someone bypass one battery and she said it ran for a liitle while and then stopped running.I want to double check and see if batteries are hooked up correctly at this point.The battery she bypasses is not in the cart,she gave it to me seperately.Thank You in advance
A good battery should read 6.37 volts, or 38.2 volts for a six 6 volt pack. If you have only five batteries, that would be 31.85 volts from your pack. Your charger expects to see six batteries, and will not function correctly with only five.

I'd look for a used battery about the same age as your good ones, and the same amp hour rating.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

bucadam, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
bucadam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the help.Was able To work on it today and hooked up all batteries and when I turn the key on and put it in forward or reverse it moves like i am pressing on the gas pedal(which I am not) and when I do hit the gas it does excelerate faster.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
bucadam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also today I checked all batteries again before installing and all were at 6.1 or 6.2 but when i checked total voltage it did not read anything
Old 11-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
crash test dummy

Quote:
Thanks for all the help.Was able To work on it today and hooked up all batteries and when I turn the key on and put it in forward or reverse it moves like i am pressing on the gas pedal(which I am not) and when I do hit the gas it does excelerate faster.
you have wiring wrong somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucadam View Post
Also today I checked all batteries again before installing and all were at 6.1 or 6.2 but when i checked total voltage it did not read anything
you have a cable off or your not checking the right posts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO