lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #31
tteckster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: rewire help 2004 PDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
And given today's economy, I suspect they and you are operating on razor thin margins, so if you have to go "out of pocket", it probably takes quite a few additional sales just to break even. Most bigger companies have forgotten this, and a lot of consumers are fickle and aren't always repeat customers, so "we" (consumers) need to do our part and remember when folks do the right thing.
Well said!
tteckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We do a lot of business on the honor system. We cover for Alltrax when their part malfunctions and MOST of the time they reciprocate. However I did have a rash of poor luck this summer and I replaced controls that Alltrax in turn chose to repair so instead of being reimbursed a new control I got something used which I sold at a loss. But this is all part of keeping the customer base happy which is not easy when they live and die on a 24/7 forum

Remember 85% of the happy customers are not posting on the internet - they are out riding around
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #33
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We do a lot of business on the honor system. We cover for Alltrax when their part malfunctions and MOST of the time they reciprocate. However I did have a rash of poor luck this summer and I replaced controls that Alltrax in turn chose to repair so instead of being reimbursed a new control I got something used which I sold at a loss. But this is all part of keeping the customer base happy which is not easy when they live and die on a 24/7 forum

Remember 85% of the happy customers are not posting on the internet - they are out riding around
Which is why many of us try and brag about your service, both in sales, and even supporting stuff they didn't buy from you. However, we have to be cognizant that there are lotsa other sponsors here, and from what I can tell, they are all top notch.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #34
cbryan88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Carl's Customer service is second to none. He would send you a new adapter if it came out of his own pocket. I would do the same. Alltrax is a stand up company. I have seen them replace controllers which were clearly destroyed by the customer. They don't have to do this but it one reason why they enjoy the solid reputation they do today. It makes it easy to be a dealer when you know the manufacture will back their product.
THanks Scotty...got the brakes today by the way. I will post once I get them on and cart back together. Carl was excellent, I gave him a fairly detailed description of my process of elimination (with Johnnie's help) and he didn't even question it.

THis is the kind of situation where you can win or lose a customer for life...and he looks to be a winner.

Does sound like Alltrax may have some QC anomalies...
cbryan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #35
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan88 View Post
Does sound like Alltrax may have some QC anomalies...
Granted a manufacturer should probably test a random sample of products, but they all are buying components from whatever country makes the cheapest diodes, resistors, capacitors, etc.

A few years back, there was a rash of capacitors that only lasted for so many years, then "popped". I have personal experience at work and home of a whole buncha computer mobos that all died literally withing months of each other. Several hundred dollar mobos that were killed by a part that probably costed pennies in bulk.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #36
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I value a company that does the right thing during problems, over a company that hasn't had any problems - yet.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #37
cbryan88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I value a company that does the right thing during problems, over a company that hasn't had any problems - yet.
Agreed!!! Well said!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #38
cbryan88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Happy to report that as soon as I swapped out the adapter, the F&R problem was corrected. The culprit having been a faulty diode!! Still have issues with controller, but gonna start a new thread.

THanks to all who helped identify and correct this defect, especially Johnnie!

And a big shout out to Carl at EV Drives for great customer service he mailed out the replacement adapter harness right away and priority so I got it fast.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #39
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Another example of a several hundred dollar investment, crippled by a couple of pennies worth of a bad component - diode.

The good thing is they didn't say it was stupid operator error, and try and blame you.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #40
cbryan88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Another example of a several hundred dollar investment, crippled by a couple of pennies worth of a bad component - diode.

The good thing is they didn't say it was stupid operator error, and try and blame you.
Yeah, crazy isn't it..."weakest link theory" is alive and well. Agree, I was worried to death while diagnosing it that I had done something to cause the malfunction...I used to do high end car audio installs back in the 80's and 90's and I remember the number of Noobs that fried stuff through mis-wiring...can be expensive lesson.

Thankfully, that experience and working on race cars for 20 years made me super type A about triple checking every detail before power up testing. I recall one time changing some ignition parts on my racecar and being baffled that the car started missing after a couple laps under hard running...turned out to be an overheating fuel pump relay that had nothing at all to do with ignition apart from deciding to start acting up at that very moment...of course!!!

And I am going to send the old adapter back to Carl at EV so he can hopefully get a credit from supplier, even though he did not ask me to. Great customer service from him!

Tags
alltrax, controller, reverse, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO