lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Nick74
Not Yet Wild

Default No click when pedal is pushed

Hi,
I have a 2001 ezgo txt series electric golf cart and problem I am having is it would only run for a couple minutes and then die. I checked the batteries (2 years old) and they are good as well as the connections. I am getting a total of 37.5V from all the batteries. After I checked all the wires and cleaned things up I went to drive it and now it wont move at all. When I turn on the key the solenoid will click, and when I press on the pedal it will not click or move the tires at all.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Chaz
Nick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Nick74
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No click when pedal is pushed

Update,
I was looking thru the forums and found a troubleshooting technique from one of the regulars and he asked this person to perform the following tests and display the results. So heres what it was.
From Tech:
Test the following with the key ON, direction lever in FORWARD, rear raisd on jack stands. and voltmeter black lead on BATTERY NEGATIVE:
Mash the go pedal all the way down, and with the red lead test the following (I will put my test results next to each test)
Controller B+? (Mine is 6.1V
Controller B-? (Mine is 31.7V)
Controller small black wire? (Mine is 17.7V)
Controller small white wire? (Mine is 30.1V)
Controller M-? (Mine is 31.6V)

Does anyone know from these results what the problem may be?
Thanks
Chaz
Old 11-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Nick74
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No click when pedal is pushed

ANother update.
Just checked the voltage at the charger box and it is 37.5V. Then put neg- lead on battery and pos+ lead on solenoid and it read 38V. Pressed the pedal to the floor and did same test above but checked both terminals of the solenoid and it was 38V. Did not change with pedal to the floor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO