lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
EZGOsaintgrizz
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with led lights for ezgo

I have a 1998 dcs ezgo txt and I bought some leds to mount underneath the cart that take 12volts and 5amps and the guy i bought them said that it would work as long as the batteries were running exactly 12 volts and 5 amps through he said if not some ezgo models will fry the lights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.3 KB, 0 views)
EZGOsaintgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2014, 01:41 AM   #2
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with led lights for ezgo

I take it you don't have an auxiliary battery.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have never heard of batteries running exactly 12v (1 12v or 2 6v) or even a voltage reducer. Mine puts out 12.9v. The amps you can control with a fuse.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's got a cigarette light connector intended on connecting in a vehicle. No vehicle with a 12v system has exactly 12v at the cigarette plug or anywhere else otherwise you would need a jump start because 12.0v is dead.

Most vehicle charging systems put out between 13.5 to 14.5 volts so I believe the seller is saying don't connect it to two 8v golf cart batteries. You could easily connect it to two 6v cart batteries though but a 12v aux battery or convertor is better.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just make sure you turn lights off before connecting charger. Most electronics can take + or- 10% variance. I doubt you'll fry them with two batts or a reducer.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
EZGOsaintgrizz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Just make sure you turn lights off before connecting charger. Most electronics can take + or- 10% variance. I doubt you'll fry them with two batts or a reducer.
Ok thank you for the help
Old 05-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #7
EZGOsaintgrizz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
It's got a cigarette light connector intended on connecting in a vehicle. No vehicle with a 12v system has exactly 12v at the cigarette plug or anywhere else otherwise you would need a jump start because 12.0v is dead.

Most vehicle charging systems put out between 13.5 to 14.5 volts so I believe the seller is saying don't connect it to two 8v golf cart batteries. You could easily connect it to two 6v cart batteries though but a 12v aux battery or convertor is better.
Ok yeah because i just put in a female cigarette lighter plug into my cart and connected it to 2 6 volt batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO