lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 36v to 12Vv question

I am looking for a 36v to 12v reducer (converter) for the lights on the cart. I need more than 10A. The cart already has a factory light kit that taps 12v from two batteries. Needless to say, those two batteries are now weaker than the rest. So I am going to install a reducer.

My question is, what does the " + lock" wire for? I am looking for a unit that has a remote on/off wire and is not on all the time. I don't know what this one does.

jay1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 12Vv question

don't have a clue what the +lock is for......but most of us that have a converter, don't have the converter on all the time. like myself, I have a toggle switch in the power IN so I only power it up when I need/want it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for reply. I am hoping that someone has used this and that the orange wire is the remote on. The seller is of no help. It might not even be 30A, but all I really need is about 15A. Since it is a factory install, the key switch has a position for outputting 12V from the two 6V batteries to the lights. I am hoping to use that terminal to remote power on the converter. I may have to do what you have done if no one has any ideas on what this is.
jay1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1028 View Post
Thanks for reply. I am hoping that someone has used this and that the orange wire is the remote on. The seller is of no help. It might not even be 30A, but all I really need is about 15A. Since it is a factory install, the key switch has a position for outputting 12V from the two 6V batteries to the lights. I am hoping to use that terminal to remote power on the converter. I may have to do what you have done if no one has any ideas on what this is.
well if it were me, and wanting a converter.....first off, get one bigger than you need, second, get one from ScottyB at cartsunlimited.net
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The Mandarin word for "Lock" and "Keyswitch" are probably the same.

I'm fairly certain the orange wire is the remote On/Off wire.

------------
I agree with Sir Nuke about getting the one Scottyb sells, but it appears they are out of stock at the moment.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/DC_Reducer.html

Last edited by JohnnieB; 06-17-2014 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: Added stuff
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO