lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #11
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 21mph cart WANT MORE SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmiller02 View Post
Hey guys, new to the forum, recently picked up my cart and posted about it once so far in regards to thought on price I payed for it etc.

Right now it's running stock wheels and tires at 36v with and alltrax axe 4855 (500amp) controller and D&D motor model#170-006-0001 series wound. The cart runs well like i said it does 21-22 mph. I will be lifting the cart soon on 23" tires. I called D&D they said NOT to run this motor with larger tires and lift kit something about I'll burn it up or whatever....

The cart is used on flat ground no large hills mainly camping at the river which is all flat maybe some small small hills mainly flat. I'd like to have something that hauled a$$, any suggestions ? I'd prefer to keep my controller assuming it is salvageable with what I'm trying to achieve. Is it crazy to ask for 30 mph with 23" of tire and my 500amp controller on 36v ?

Thanks guys let me know what I can do !
Review your accident and life insurance coverage.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
Nmiller02
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice and suggestions. Safety and reliability is a concern of course..... It sounds like I need to change my motor regardless, if I plan to lift the cart with 23" tires. Is there an off the shelf motor anyone can suggest that would suit close to what I'm looking for with my application ? I don't have to be at exactly 30mph, sure speed is cool but it's not like I have my life set on going this fast. Essentially I would like the best I could achieve with what I'm going to do. Suggestions.....

Thanks
Nmiller02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #13
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's my opinion the cheapest way to go is to have your current motor rewound to your needs. A new motor can run upwards of $650. You may be able to sell the one you have while picking up a stock series motor for about $200 or less. Then you can have that motor built to your specs and still be less than new.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #14
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmiller02 View Post
Thanks for the advice and suggestions. Safety and reliability is a concern of course..... It sounds like I need to change my motor regardless, if I plan to lift the cart with 23" tires. Is there an off the shelf motor anyone can suggest that would suit close to what I'm looking for with my application ? I don't have to be at exactly 30mph, sure speed is cool but it's not like I have my life set on going this fast. Essentially I would like the best I could achieve with what I'm going to do. Suggestions.....

Thanks
You might PM InVision, the guy who started this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ow-batman.html . Sounds like the motor he has is exactly what you're looking for, you might see if he'll give you details. You'll need to go 48 volt, though - but you're pretty much going to have to do that no matter what in a series cart.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
stang99x
Gone Wild

I have a 1998 TXT series cart that I just put in the AMD 7126 motor along with an Alltrax 4844 controller (It was supposed to get a 4855, but that's a long story I don't feel like delving into) and the 400 amp solenoid. I can tell you that down a hill on stock tires it will get to 30, and 30 is a bit "edgy" in an old cart like that. That old TXT steering setup is known to get a bit loose, and mine is certainly loose. And at that speed the wires get hot, even with 4ga. I wanted stupid speed when I started building it, and now I am wondering if I didn't achieve exactly that, stupid speed. I mean, mine is for the wife and kids to go to the pool and back....
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

For a series buggy, it's easy to put a toggle switch in parallel to the reverse microswitch, which will give you 1/2 speed. If you use a DPDT switch, you can have it disable the backup beeper the same time it enables 1/2 speed. Won't slow you down going down hill, but it's something. With a little creative rewiring, you can keep the backup beeper and still go 1/2 speed.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #17
jamie e.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: 21mph cart WANT MORE SPEED

I have a 1990 EZGO Marathon that will run in the lower 40's. 36 volt Plum Quick Motor, Curtis 48 volt controller, 6:1 gears, 1/0 cables. 6 new 8 Volt US Batteries. 22" tires.

Gotta upgrade brakes!

Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW9z...ature=youtu.be
jamie e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO