lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #11
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: PDS throttle problem.

well i put the old its back in right after and it went back to acting up. waiting on the new its to get here so i can put her back together
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #12
chriskent85
Gone Wild

well now i have a new issue. i replaced the micro switch and the its and everything worked fri afternoon, i drove the cart again sat before i left my shop. got here this morning and the cart wont do anything, I put it in diagnostic mode and its giving me a 1-2 beep. throttle fault. It says solenoid clicks but will not run, my solenoid is not clicking.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #13
chriskent85
Gone Wild

could it be the solenoid that is giving this issue
Old 09-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #14
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
could it be the solenoid that is giving this issue
Never try to guess what might be the trouble with a PDS. Get your voltmeter out and get ready to make some measurements. Someone will post a link to a PDS wiring diagram and we have a bunch eager and waiting to help you troubleshoot.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #15
chriskent85
Gone Wild

i went outside to look at it earlier and wiggles the throttle wire and it worked. drove it a little with no issue then parked it inside my shop and plugged the charger in and now it wont move. gonna put another throttle harness in to see if that works. i tried to wiggle the wires some more but couldnt get it running again
Old 09-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #16
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
i went outside to look at it earlier and wiggles the throttle wire and it worked. drove it a little with no issue then parked it inside my shop and plugged the charger in and now it wont move. gonna put another throttle harness in to see if that works. i tried to wiggle the wires some more but couldnt get it running again
Cart is not supposed to move if the charger is plugged into it. Caution...do not unplug any wires or disconnect anything without the tow/run switch on tow position.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A stock PDS drive system is Fly-by-Wire system and the controller does everything and it sounds like you have more than one problem.

If the pack voltage is above about 37, it is sufficient for troubleshooting.

Getting the solenoid to click is the first objective.

To do that, there must be pack voltage on all the wires highlighted in red on attached schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #18
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I unplugged it before i tried to drive it, lol. I have a donor PDS here so i will just start moving stuff over till i find the problem. Starting with solenoid then im gonna replace wire harness
Old 09-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Be sure to flip the RUN/Tow switch to Tow while disconnecting and reconnecting stuff.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #20
chriskent85
Gone Wild

ok so i put the new solenoid in and nothing, changed out the throttle harness and nothing, changed out the controller and it came alive a little in foward, let off throttle and put it in reverse and nothing, now i get nothing at all.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO