lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Cryptkeeper
Not Yet Wild

Default 79 CC brake problem

I be a newbie here, just starting to work on my 1979 Club Car. I assume it is NOT a DS. I have no brakes. I removed the master cylinder and it was filled with a bunch of crap with no fluid. I found a new one and installed it. I have 4 problems to solve:
1) I believe the brake line might be plugged. Can I replace this with 3/16" copper tubing (old one is steel)?
2) After 30 years, the brake line connectors are all rusty, and I cant seem to loosen them. How long should I wait after using penetrating oil to try and jar them lose (would rather replace them if I can.
3) Where can I buy 2 wheel cylinder kits to rebuild the cylinders?
4) What tool can I use to remove the tension springs?
I've been on a number of forums while rebuilding a 9N tractor. The guys on that forum are awsome. Hope the guys here are as responsive. I would appreciate any advice. Thx in advance fellas.
Cryptkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake line plugged?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car